Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director, Care Management and Clinical Transformation is responsible to help drive care management partnerships for Optum clients.. This individual will work alongside client teams across the continuum of care to solve complex business and care management problems, improve operational and care delivery performance, and execute highest priority initiatives. The ideal candidate for this role must be passionate about driving improvements, effective at working in a fast-paced, high energy environment and confident in their interactions with senior leaders, providers, and business partners.
The role of the HSPI team is to enable financial sustainability for hospitals and health systems by bringing innovative solutions to controlling and reducing operating costs. Successful hospitals are committed to continuously improving workflow and inefficiencies as well as reducing supply and utilization costs in the delivery of care. The Director, Care Management and Clinical Transformation will provide subject matter expertise that supports the assessment and identification of gaps in health system care management capabilities, and to design solutions that improve care delivery outcomes, foster best practice care management, and reduce unnecessary utilization that leads to measurable financial savings. This work spans across the full continuum of care to include ambulatory, acute, and post-acute care management.
If you are located in Walnut Creek, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide clinical subject matter expertise to initiative teams to drive financial and quality outcomes, focused primarily on long-term transformational partnerships
- Structure complex care management and care delivery opportunities into frameworks that can be analyzed and solved, and coordinate integration of Optum solutions across the continuum of care into client partnerships
- Assesses, designs solutions, and implements strategic client goals related to Care Management and Clinical Variation Reduction programs targeted to promote the growth and enhancement of existing structures, working in partnership with the organization’s executive and physician leadership
- Provides subject matter expertise and oversight of work in designated client;engagements related to care management and clinical variation reduction
- Provides leadership and oversight of OAS team members either directly or through a matrixed, client-based environment to drive transformational, financial, and quality outcomes
- Ensures that client expectations and contract deliverables are met during assigned engagements
- Support the creation of sales pursuit materials and other business development activities (e.g. proposals and Statements of Work (SOWs)
- Support ongoing design of best practice methodologies in care management and clinical variation reduction, including developing job aids, training material, and instructions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Nursing degree
- 5+ years professional experience in clinical variation initiatives with financial savings
- 2 + years Clinical consulting experience across multiple clinical and cost improvement-related areas, including care variation
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Proven experience developing and implementing operating plans, analyzing financial and quality data
- Proven engagement experience with physicians, and ability to provide valuable insights and logical explanations when faced with difficult questions
- Ability to implement centralized processes in a large complex environment
- Demonstrated success in yielding unprecedented results within the area of Care Management
- Ability to use Microsoft products, develop and deliver presentations
- Masters/Graduate Degree, Healthcare Administration or Business Administration
- 5 + years hospital and/or ambulatory care management experience
- 5+ years hospital operational and/or acute care cost reduction experience
- 5 + years experience in health system management and/or clinical transformation consulting engagements resulting in significant recurring financial benefit
- 5+ years experience developing care continuum, cost reduction and clinical transformation methodologies and designing innovative solutions in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Care Management and Clinical Transformation, Hospital System Performance Improvement, HSPI, Walnut Creek, CA, California, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote