- Be the ‘business owner’ for your category, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the job marketplace - this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the category, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects to achieve business objectives.
- Work closely with leadership on planning and business strategy to drive best-in-class experience for job seekers and employers and maximize category performance including revenue growth and unit economics.
- Understand the labor market, supply and demand dynamics of your category.
- Identify category growth, liquidity and quality levers and execute strategies that will improve them.
- Oversee category performance and own the results. Manage category level OKRs and KPIs on a day-to-day basis.
- Identify and drive large-scale business opportunities and improvement initiatives that improve category performance.
- Participate in product, policy, business development, marketing and sales initiatives to improve category performance.
- Coordinate, collaborate and communicate cross-functionally with other teams (marketing, product, engineering, sales and operations) to meet category objectives.
- Have a complete understanding of the needs of job seekers and employers, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to inform product features that provide an unparalleled experience and optimize the performance of your category.
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features.
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets for your category.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Technology. Masters Degree or MBA in Finance and/or Marketing preferred.
- 8+ years of experience relevant to category management (operating roles, P&L management, supplier or inventory management, audience management, vertical go-to-market experience, new market development, market landscape analysis).
- Strong financial acumen with business analysis and experience delivering strong financial results.
- Broad functional skills with proven success in multidisciplinary leadership.
- 4+ years of operating experience within two-sided digital marketplaces.
- Solid understanding of category management, operations and taxonomy driven customer experiences.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging technology and operations to drive business results.
- Prior experience in management consulting; ability to creatively solve problems by adapting frameworks or existing practices to create useful solutions.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong cultures, team identities and lead groups of individuals and manage cross-functional coordination.
- Demonstrated data-driven decision making and the ability to translate complex data into actions and improvements.
- Basic SQL Proficiency.
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude - must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
Who we are
Salary Range Disclaimer
Salary Range Transparency
SF Bay Area 242,000 - 350,000 USD per year
Austin 178,000 - 258,000 USD per year
NYC Metro Area 208,000 - 302,000 USD per year
Seattle 222,000 - 322,000 USD per year
US Remote 178,000 - 258,000 USD per year
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Fair Chance Hiring
Our Policies and Benefits
Reference ID: 41428