The Director of Enterprise Data Management has the mandate to change the way RMC manages its data assets. The Director of Enterprise Data Management will lead and manage the enterprise-wide data governance activities with a responsibility to create and communicate Data Policies and Standards, identify data ownership patterns, establish and track documentation and quality standards, ensure data retention expectations are met, and work closely with data privacy and security experts to ensure that overall business needs are met.
The Director of Enterprise Data Management (EDM) serves as an escalation for governance, and data quality and will work closely with the Business and Functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets and support the strategic requirements of RMC.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Establish and govern an enterprise-wide data governance system, with a focus on ownership and data quality, through modifications to organizational policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools, and data architecture behavior
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data ownership, governance, and documentation needs
- Ensure clear accountability for the stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Establish a data library data elements, lineage, and owners.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Define and establish expectations for “Data Ops” for data producers to provide transparency into data publishing, transformations, and changes; with corresponding expectations of data consumers to make their uses transparent to data producers
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Provide progress reports to management
- Work closely with functional leads and management
- Work closely with Production and Analytic Data Architects, Data Security, Technology teams, and Compliance to establish workable and scalable controls
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a major services organization, with largescale data or project management and oversight experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science or other technical fields
- Knowledge of industry-leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business, and technology issues related to the management of enterprise information assets
- Demonstrated communication skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including culture change and performance measurement system design
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
- Internally recognized subject matter expert
- Highest personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics
- Ability to articulate a vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission
- Willingness to take charge and provide direction
- Results orientated, willing to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion
- Demonstrated ability to manage adversity and challenging situations
- Ability to manage senior relationships across all the Business and Functional areas
- Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships
- Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve conflicts and negotiate with others
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong cultural awareness
Project Oversight and Decisioning
- Highly developed skills in priority setting and alignment of project priorities
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- Ability to get to the heart of the problem and make sound and timely decisions to resolve problems
People Management and Development
- Ability to develop people, skills in coaching, mentoring, and teaching on the job
- Ability to identify and recruit talent, including identifying the right people for both technical and non-technical jobs
- Skills at performance management, recognizing and rewarding performance, and identifying development needs
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect, and cooperation among team
Regional is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniform service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law (“Protected Characteristics”). Regional’s policy of non-discrimination applies to all phases of the employment process and relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions and opportunities; transfers; social and recreational programs; layoff; and terminations.
Regional Finance has been providing personal loans for over 30 years through a network of more than 350 locations in 14 states. We understand that everyone needs a little help now and then.
Through Regional Finance and RMC Retail, our focus is to provide loan products to customers with limited access to credit from traditional lenders.
Our team members are the ones who take the time to listen and help our customers get through life’s financial tough spots. We seek to provide attractive, easy-to-understand loan products that fit within our customers’ budgets. Our one-on-one service from dedicated local employees ensures our customers get the right personal loan for their needs. We care about each other, our customers, and our communities.
Regional Finance values our Team Members. Benefits are a valuable part of your total rewards at Regional Finance. At Regional, once we hire you, we will support you with great comprehensive benefits, work-life balance and an inclusive environment designed to keep you moving forward.
Regional Management offers all regular full-time Team Members: