Requisition ID # 101341
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Director/Chief
Business Unit: Finance
The Director of Investments and Benefit Finance provides management oversight to employees in the Investments and Benefit Finance (IBF) area. IBF ensures appropriate funding and investment management of all trust assets maintained by PG&E Corporation and Pacific Gas and Electric Company; supports the Employee Benefit Committee and Nuclear Facilities Decommissioning Master Trust Committee as the fiduciaries for these trusts. IBF is responsible for the management of the various employee benefit plan and nuclear decommissioning trust balance sheets. The Director of Investments and Benefit Finance’s mandate is the successful investment of $35 billion in trust assets. This position is flexible with location but will be expected to go to the Oakland office at times.
This position reports to the Vice President and Treasurer.
- Develop long-term plans, annual department work plan and assure their execution.
- Responsible and accountable for development and execution of all trust funding, asset allocation and investment strategies.
- Partner effectively with Benefits, Regulation and Legal departments.
- Develop strategies leading to appropriate recovery of trust contributions.
- Manage all relationships between PG&E and trust banks, investment managers, actuaries and investment consultants.
- Annually report to Finance Committee of the Board of Directors on trust funded status and investment management.
- Lead, manage and foster a cohesive team.
- Ensure team is adequately staffed with sufficient expertise to deliver on IBF mission.
- Supervise, coach, develop and motivate IBF staff.
- Establish an environment of learning, innovation and open communication.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- BA/BS in finance, business or accounting
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in investments, accounting, finance or other business-related experience
- Masters in finance, business, accounting, or other related field
- CFA Certification