Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Directs the development, production and implementation of all marketing strategies and related projects associated with the property’s revenue and marketing objectives. Partners with the Vice President (VP) of Sales and Marketing to develop the annual marketing plan to achieve both short and long-term revenue and marketing objectives.
Education and Experience:
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Sales, or related major; 2 years’ experience in Hospitality Sales, Spa Sales or a comparable professional area;
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales, or related major; 1 year experience in Hospitality Sales, Spa Sales or a comparable professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Marketing Team
- Directs the activities and monitor the performance of the Marketing staff.
- Partners with the Vice President (VP) of Sales and Marketing to develop the annual marketing plan to achieve both short and long-term revenue and marketing objectives.
- Directs the marketing team in producing marketing materials for all revenue opportunities as needed.
- Supervises website development and updates for the property.
- Directs all marketing initiatives, projects and collateral production to ensure that sales and marketing objectives are achieved and that revenue opportunities are maximized.
- Prepares and administers the departmental budget.
- Develops marketing tools such as brochures, videos, presentations, promotional materials, direct mail and tradeshow graphics for sales and convention services.
- Develops the internal cross-promotional marketing materials to maximize property wide revenue opportunities.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews, selects and trains employees.
- Directs the work of employees.
- Sets and adjusts employees’ rates of pay and hours of work.
- Handles employee complaints and executes disciplinary action as needed.
- Evaluates employee’s productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Guest Services - Knowledge of procedures for wake-up services, safe deposit boxes, room and hotel amenities, property-specific programs (e.g., kids programs), guest rewards programs, and local attractions.
- Guest Problem Resolution - Ability to record, track and resolve guest problems via property software handle emergencies, and effectively deal with customer issues and complaints.
- Revenue Management - Knowledge of revenue management concepts, processes and strategies such as average daily rate, revenue per available room, sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing and inventory management. Skill in using a Yield Management system.
- Economics and Finance - Knowledge of economic principles and practices, PandL statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Research - Skill in collecting information from a variety of sources relating to market data, historical use, travel and tourism, real estate, etc. The ability to know when to seek addition information and where to look to find it.
- Analysis - The ability to analyze and summarize detailed data and make recommendations. Included is the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets for storing data.
- Sales Call Facilitation - Verifying that a call serves its sales objectives; maximizing the productiveness of interactions by monitoring and building on customers’ cues.
- Sales Opportunity Analysis - Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customers’ business strengths, weaknesses, and key issues that can inform sales strategies and plans.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.