http://kyleschen.com/?author=1 About East Bay Community Energy
East Bay Community Energy (EBCE) is the Community Choice energy service provider for customer accounts across Alameda County and the City of Tracy. EBCE’s charter is to provide its customers with low carbon, cost-effective electricity that integrates innovative energy products and maximizes local benefits through the development of local solutions, ranging from increasing access to rooftop solar to supporting the adoption of electric vehicles.
cenforce 100 mg Culture and Commitment to Diversity
EBCE believes in a vibrant culture that supports and nurtures a workplace that offers every individual the opportunity to attain professional goals and contribute to accomplishing our mission. We foster a culture of open communication, responsibility, curiosity, accountability, and teamwork. We want creative problem solvers that are excited to work in an entrepreneurial environment and grow our organization!
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that is reflective of our service area’s rich culture and communities. We welcome a diversity of experiences, perspectives, and skills.
We strongly encourage people of all characteristics to apply and prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type based on age, religion, color, gender identity or expression, race, ancestry, or national origin, religion or creed, marital status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or characteristics, and those with a disability as protected by federal, state and local laws.
EBCE is seeking to hire a full-time Director or Senior Manager of Clean Energy Structured Finance, reporting to the COO. EBCE is looking for candidates to lead EBCE’s structured finance activities, which include project financing for local programs and energy prepay transactions. This individual will be an individual contributor and work closely with the Local Programs, Power Procurement, and Finance teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate financing structures (on a balance sheet or off a balance sheet) to enable EBCE programs that include but are not limited to EV charging infrastructure, on-site solar and storage, energy efficiency, DR, and other virtual power procurement programs
- Seek and originate the appropriate financing counterparties to inform and provide debt or equity for these financing structures and work closely with the local programs team to evaluate the development organizations that may also be involved
- Create financial models based on a variety of capital structures
- Lead negotiations and close on financings while optimizing on risk and performance management of the assets
- Evaluate wholesale utility-scale project ownership and project purchase options
- Evaluate and lead on closing future energy prepay transactions. EBCE has currently executed on one $1.5BN energy prepay transaction and is considering future transactions
- Support and collaborate on ensuring that structured financing solutions optimize and do not conflict with EBCE’s overall working capital and existing credit lines
- BA/BS degree or equivalent or 5+yrs experience in energy finance or similar
- Experience in independently building financial models
- Experience in leading and closing financial agreements
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimum supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of basic software programs including Microsoft Office applications.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $156,055 to $231,393. The exact compensation package offered will be dependent on candidate experience.
EBCE offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Individual, family and domestic partner health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Life and AD&D, EAP, STD, and LTD
- Retirement with Employer Matching
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts (health and dependent care accounts)
- Wellness and commuter benefits
Location and Working Conditions
This position will be based in EBCE headquarters in Oakland, near BART; currently, this position is temporarily remote. We are not providing relocation or sponsorships currently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. EBCE is dedicated to reasonably accommodate an applicant for known physical or mental disabilities so that the applicant may participate in the application process. We will engage in a timely, good-faith interactive process with any employee with a known physical or mental disability to identify potential reasonable accommodations, if any, to enable the employee to perform the essential functions of their position.
- General office environment is primarily sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: standing, sitting, walking, reaching, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
Possession and continued maintenance of a valid class C California driver’s license or the ability to provide alternate transportation and a safe driving record.
The information contained herein has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The information also does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.