Director, Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources will support the Supply Chain and Business Technology teams, totaling 400+ employees located in California, Oregon and Pennsylvania. As part of the HR Leadership Team, you will focus on employee relations, compliance training, performance management, manager and leadership support, implementing change management concepts, workers compensation, affirmative action, employment law compliance and other responsibilities as needed. You will work out of the Emeryville office 2-3 days per week and will have 2 direct reports.
*** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE ***
• Partner with Chief Information Officer and Chief Supply Chain Officer to support their teams and achieving their goals.
Talent Management Processes
• Help support and enhance talent management processes within the teams:
o Effective Onboarding
o Goal Setting and Performance Management
o Career Development and Movement
o Succession Planning and Calibration
Training & Development
- Partner with the Sr Director of OE (Organizational Effectiveness) to ensure leadership development and compliance training is implemented and reinforced each year.
- Work with managers and supervisors to provide coaching to develop and enhance management and leadership skills.
Policy Development and Implementation
- Help enhance/revise and administers various human resource plans and procedures for employees (with an emphasis on automation and scalability)
- Works with managers to address employee relations issues, performance counseling and exit interview processing.
- Responsible for coordinating investigations of employee claims regarding violations of employment and labor laws, and work with the Company labor attorney to review and administer changes as a result of investigations.
Workers’ Compensation – across the company
- Responsible for administering Workers’ Compensation Claims including filing reports with workers’ compensation carrier, compiling quarterly workers’ comp report, completing OSHA report and posting in a timely manner, preparing monthly workers’ comp reporting.
Human Resources Employment Compliance
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
HR Leadership Team Partnership
- Active partner in the HR LT contributing to efforts across the organization in addition to the BT and Supply Chain teams
- A bachelor’s degree and 6+ years HR Directors' experience, or a master’s degree in HR management and 5 years’ experience in the HR field.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus.
- Ability to write presentations and present information effectively to management, public groups, suppliers and/or board of directors.
- Working knowledge of all Employment and Labor Laws on both the federal and CA state level.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems. Knowledge of UKG Software a plus.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to business issues.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in situations.
- Strong ability to use good judgement, often in pressure-filled and time-sensitive settings.
- Strong partnering skills.
- Labor Relations experience is preferred.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with employees and vendors.
- Ability to leverage influence skills among employees and management, as necessary.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time to locations in CA, OR and PA.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.PandoLogic. Keywords: Director of Human Resources, Location: Emeryville, CA - 94608