Director of Marketing – Pet Health & Wellness
Our Pet Health & Wellness Business Unit is a fast-growing segment of our business and is searching for a Director of Marketing who will be an integral part of leading our future success and driving our Central to Home Strategy.
This position, based in our Headquarters in Walnut Creek, CA, leads our Health & Wellness brand portfolio to maximize sales and profit, develop and execute strategic marketing plans, identify and exploit short and long term business opportunities, ideate and launch new products, develop, execute and track programs and promotions and manage the full brand P&L to ensure profitable growth.
The Director of Marketing oversees the brand team and frequently interfaces with and leads cross functional teams to deliver projects and priorities on time and within budget. The role reports to the General Manager of Health & Wellness.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Build and grow distinctive brands that consumers love through effective strategies rooted deep understanding of the customer, effective demand creation strategies and disruptive innovation.
- Grow sales, market share and profits by building strategies to capture consumers where they shop including Pure Play eCommerce, Omni Channel, DTC and other retail channels.
- Respond to channel shifts by offering in best in class consumer experience and product mix to drive revenue, gross margin and five-star reviews.
- Leverage insights, trends and data to identify risks and opportunities to drive business results.
- Develop an expertise on relevant channels of distribution and knowledge key customer desires and practices within each channel.
- Drive profitable short term and long-term development, prioritization and introduction of line extensions and product/product line innovation.
- Provide leadership to sharpen financial performance and competitive positioning of existing product lines.
- Develop Marketing budget with sound business acumen and P&L stewardship and leads monthly tracking process.
- Work cross functionally and develop strong working relationships with internal teams and external partners creating a collaborative environment that supports achievement of business goals.
- Work collaboratively with Trade Marketing and Sales team(s) to translate brand strategies to customer strategies that drive acceptance and share growth.
- Build team capabilities and lead a digital first business.
- Other projects as directed by the Business Unit General Manger.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 10 years Brand Management experience with a top consumer packaged goods company.
- Successful track record of building brands that exceed financial goals and grow market share across retail channels including eCommerce. DTC experience a plus.
- A track record of successful product launches in a growing business that increase topline and gross margins.
- Proven track record of transforming a strategy and vision into executable and measurable plans.
- Proven track record in campaign creation/execution, storytelling success across mediums including digital, social and retailer specific platforms.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to interface with all levels of the company and represent the company to major customers.
- An individual who is a consensus builder and will work to build ideas and see them flourish into business opportunities for the company.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly to keep performance on track.
- Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and balancing multiple projects simultaneously, under time constraints and within budget parameters.
- Strong business acumen with successful record of P&L management/ownership.
- A highly dedicated leader who thrives on the challenge of a fast-paced, hard-working and high growth environment.
- Intellectually curious and creative; a risk taker, comfortable with calculated and well-planned business risks in a highly competitive environment.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity.
- An individual who can work comfortably in a collaborative, informal atmosphere. Vetting of ideas and issues is a common practice within the company’s culture.
- Strong leadership skillset willing to guide, mentor and supervise the training of direct reports in the achievement of brand/category objectives.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Walnut Creek, CA office.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform work at a desk. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 30% travel may be required.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.