What You'll Do:
If you love great Product Design, this is your dream role.
As our hands-on Product Design Director, you have a keen eye for elegant, modern design and UI patterns. You think holistically and craft the "why" of all that we ship '" advocating for your design solutions by putting them in the context of business and customer goals.
You are a user-focused, data-driven Product Design leader who has successfully designed and delivered high impact products at scale. You are a sought-after advocate for design excellence. You lead with strong, hands-on, Design, and technical expertise and are skilled at developing and socializing innovative vision throughout organizations.
You will lead, grow, and mentor an in-house team of designers and other internal/external creative resources to bring our product strategy to life.
You should have an inspiring portfolio, a love for complex problems, and the ability to articulate how a next-generation, end-to-end customer experience automation product should work.
You should be able to make everything you design beautifully simple: The products we make and the industry we serve are technical and complicated, so our work must be simple and clear.
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible and beautiful design deliverables
- Help to invent a modern and elegant visual language for the Company brand
- Leading brainstorming sessions and design reviews and quick, iterative user research for ideation and concept refinement.
- Create and rapidly iterate on ideas to develop them via storyboards, user-flows, mock-ups, prototypes, or other novel methods.
- Proactively manage multiple projects, from start to finish, to meet priorities and requirements in an agile environment
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with engineers, marketers, designers, researchers, and writers to conceptualize, prototype, test, iterate and build end-to-end experiences
- Going deep on consumer insights, product analytics, and competitive intelligence to identify unseen opportunities and drive product & experience innovation.
- Manage and scale the Product Design team, recruiting additional A+ players
- Seven years of work experience as a designer working on highly recognized brands and digital products
- Portfolio demonstrates rock-solid skills in Product Design
- 5+ years of experience working on digital products across a variety of mediums.
- 3+ years of experience leading creative, multi-disciplinary teams
- Proficiency in using modern design tools to solve complex problems and communicate in visually stunning detail.
- Strong leadership when collaborating with Design, Engineering, Product, and Marketing
- BFA, BA, or BS degree in Design, Advertising, or a related discipline - or equivalent work experience