Director, Payer Strategy & Marketing – HIV Prevention
Located in Foster City, CA
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, and Australia. We are committed to transforming the promise of science and technology into therapies that can make a meaningful difference in patients' lives. We are passionate about advancing treatments for – and potentially curing – some of the world's most challenging and complex illnesses and bringing these scientific innovations to people in need.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Payer Strategy & Marketing, the Director will develop and execute strategic and tactical initiatives to support optimal coverage, reimbursement and patient access for Gilead's HIV therapies. A key responsibility will be the launch of our HIV therapies in the United States.
▪ Develops payer tools, resources and programs for the managed markets field teams and ensures appropriate training and implementation
▪ Builds payer value proposition and key messages for account team coverage and access initiatives integrating critical data elements from Medical Affairs and HEOR
▪ Partners with PAQ and Global value & access to identify payer evidence gaps and data generation needs to create a robust Payer evidence generation plan
▪ Provides payer-related context and insights such as US market trends, size and dynamics, product clinical profile, product differentiation, and competitive environment to define strategies, positioning, and plans to support broad access to Gilead's HIV therapies
▪ Partners collaboratively with global value & access, brand marketing and cross functional teams to develop a Managed Markets BPOA designed to achieve payer access goals and net revenue aligned to the overall brand objectives
▪ Represents the US perspective and provides input into global access strategy and planning
▪ Works with commercial operations and managed markets research & analytics to attain deep customer and market insights to create KPIs aligned to strategic objectives with quarterly updates
▪ Leads and manages agency and consultant projects and relationships
▪ Ensures reimbursement support information is available to patients and providers to support the buy-and-bill model, in alignment with the Patient Support Team
▪ Understands and monitors payer policies and trends
▪ Provides input into U.S. HIV pricing and contracting strategies
▪ Manages and maintains budget and accruals process
▪ Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory guidelines governing commercial and scientific interactions with payers and other business partners
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
▪ 12+ years of experience across managed markets and/or marketing, in pharmaceutical, biotech, payer strategy consultancy with a BA/BS is required OR 10 years of experience across managed markets and/or marketing, in pharmaceutical, biotech, payer strategy consultancy or related industry with a Master's degree is preferred.
▪ Understanding of pharmaceutical payer marketing that includes FDA regulatory and legal environment (PIE, FDAMA-114, etc.)
▪ Advanced experience with product life cycle management is preferred
▪ Strong experience in marketing, sales, reimbursement and/or account management preferred
▪ Product launch and specialty market experience preferred
▪ Provider administered Buy and Bill drug market experience preferred
▪ Demonstrated ability to lead without authority, influence, resolve conflict and drive decision making among cross functional stakeholders
▪ Proven ability to successfully manage complexity, including solving problems and building strong relationships
▪ Strong cross functional collaboration and project management skills
▪ Strong written and oral communication skills
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.