Personalis, Inc. is a leader in advanced cancer genomics for enabling the next generation of precision cancer therapies and diagnostics. The Personalis NeXT Platform® is designed to adapt to the complex and evolving understanding of cancer, providing its biopharmaceutical customers and clinicians with information on all of the approximately 20,000 human genes, together with the immune system, from a single tissue sample. In population sequencing, Personalis operates one of the largest sequencing operations globally and is currently the sole sequencing provider to Veterans Affairs' Million Veteran Program. To enable cancer and population sequencing, Personalis' Clinical Laboratory was built with a focus on clinical accuracy, quality, big data, scale and efficiency. The laboratory is GxP-aligned as well as Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988-certified and College of American Pathologists-accredited.
Drive consultative Business Development in with government agencies by building trust/credibility with client, understanding client context and business requirements in oncology, connecting client needs to our capabilities, and articulating the benefits Personalis offers in the genomics oncology space
- Demonstrate strong command of Personalis’ NGS-based solutions for oncology clinical trials to secure external business partnerships advancing Personalis’ presence in US government agency clinical markets
- Write and present proposals and executive-level strategic presentations
- Provide market feedback from government agency clients and prospects on oncology clinical trial needs
- Establish deep market knowledge in the oncology space including competitive threats and opportunity awareness through building strong executive level relationships
- Work across internal functions including Marketing, Commercial, Legal, Finance, Operations, R&D, and other stakeholders to drive resource allocation, accountability and joint activities supporting deal process and partnership execution.
- Participate in strategic planning
- Research and identify new business opportunities, with the initial focus on clinical partnerships
- Develop contacts at current and potential customers in government agencies for the purpose of collaborating to support clinical trial needs
- Develop a clear and well-articulated strategic and financial rationale for proposed business deals.
- Present, discuss and sell Personalis’ strategy and capabilities during professional conferences and other public forums
- Extensive knowledge of and relationships with US Government healthcare agencies (NIH, VA and DOD) is required
- Prior experience in NGS based genomics with emphasis on Oncology/Immuno-oncology required
- Passion for science, health, and genomics.
- Educational background or work experience in Life Sciences is required, advance degree(Masters, PhD preferred)
- Experience and market knowledge of oncology genomics and/or diagnostics is highly desired.
- Typically requires 8 years of experience in business development, product management alliances, or similar business roles with strategic and customer/partner-facing attributes.
- Demonstrated experience writing proposals and closing multi-million $ deals with prospects and existing clients
- Solid business and financial acumen
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Willingness to travel domestically, up to 35% of time
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.