The EVCE (Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment) Technician will provide all support, troubleshooting, and repairs corresponding to all levels of electric vehicle charging stations.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses. With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients
- Maintain and repair EV charging stations
- Troubleshoot and diagnose EV charging stations according to service manuals
- Troubleshoot and diagnose internet and cellular communication issues
- Respond to off hour emergency calls
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and maintain positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients
- Regional travel potentially 50% of working hours
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES
- Experience working on EV charging stations
- 3 to 5 years-experience in a technical environment with heavy emphasis on electrical skills
- Electrical license a plus
- NFPA 70E Certification
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Troubleshooting skills
- Basic IT knowledge needed
- Ability to use a multi-meter
- Ability to read a wiring diagram/schematic
- Ability to follow detailed instructions from service manuals
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to work at heights and from ladders
- Ability to work in all-weather conditions
- Company vehicle provided
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength.
We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity