-Develop and document code for use on a three axis stabilized antennas. The antennas range in size from 0.6 meters to 4.3 meters. Software is used to stabilize the antenna, identify the target, control the RF radio mounted to the antenna, and interface with the modems to ensure connectivity.
-The software developer will work with a small dedicated group of other software engineers to bring to life a systems responsible for providing internet and television connectivity to the maritime community.
-As a member of the software team, you will fulfill the critical role of implementing the new features that our customers demand. The software engineer works closely with the electrical engineers, test engineers, system engineers, and production engineers to realize challenging requirements.
-Software engineers have the fantastic opportunity to work closely with the production floor and get valuable feedback from actual systems shipping to customers. Software developers are integral to the troubleshooting process and work with test engineers to resolve bugs.
-As a team, the software developers fix and maintain embedded code written in C. The team supports bare metal drivers at the chip level, as well as complicated protocol requirements. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in real time environments along with some web development experience.
o Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc. Master’s degree preferred.
o Strong embedded software experience. At least 4 years of direct, relevant experience is required.
o Additional experience with system design, web design, or mechanical design.
• LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documentation which include algorithmic or mathematical components. Ability to document your designs for other software developers to follow. Ability to interpret written and verbal descriptions of problems and develop concrete code/procedure to solve the issue.
• MATH ABILITY: Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced mathematical concepts such as calculus, determination of test reliability and validity, and performance trade-offs in code.
• REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
• COMPUTER SKILLS:
o Expert in developing software applications in C and/or Assembly using a POSIX or real time environment.
o Knowledge of Linux device drivers, BSPs and real time OS concepts absolutely required.
o Experience utilizing popular development tools including Git, Bugzilla and Subversion is preferred.
o Experience in programming for DSP is desired.
o Knowledge of TCP/IP, multithreading, SPI, I2C, GPIO, Serial, USB and CAN bus is preferred.
o Working knowledge of VSAT technology and communication beneficial.
o Knowledge of Oscilloscope/Logic Analyzer, preferred
o Knowledge of electrical design and a solid understanding of physics required.
o Awareness of system and network security principles such as system hardening.
OTHER ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for and own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; recognize, initiate projects, asks for and offers help when needed.
• Must be open to discussing alternative viewpoints and hearing constructive feedback on ideas
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.