Aerotek is currently hiring an Embedded Software Engineer in the Concord, CA area.
Embedded Software Engineer:
- Develop and document code for use on a three axis stabilized antenna
- The software developer will work with a small dedicated group of other software engineers to bring to life systems responsible for providing internet and television connectivity to the maritime community.
- As a member of the software team, you will fulfill the critical role of implementing the new features that our customers demand. The software engineer works closely with the electrical engineers, test engineers, system engineers, and production engineers to realize challenging requirements.
- Software engineers have the fantastic opportunity to work closely with the production floor and get valuable feedback from actual systems shipping to customers. Software developers are integral to the troubleshooting process and work with test engineers to resolve bugs.
- As a team, the software developers fix and maintain embedded code written in C. The team supports bare metal drivers at the chip level, as well as complicated protocol requirements.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in real time environments along with some web development experience.
- Strong embedded software experience. At least 4 years of direct, relevant experience is required.
- Expert in developing software applications in C and/or Assembly using a POSIX or real time environment.
- Knowledge of Linux device drivers, BSPs and real time OS concepts absolutely required.
- Experience utilizing popular development tools including Git, Bugzilla and Subversion is preferred.
- Experience in programming for DSP is desired.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, multithreading, SPI, I2C, GPIO, Serial, USB and CAN bus is preferred.
- Working knowledge of VSAT technology and communication beneficial.
- Knowledge of Oscilloscope/Logic Analyzer, preferred
- Knowledge of electrical design and a solid understanding of physics required.
- Awareness of system and network security principles such as system hardening.
For immediate and confidential consideration, submit a resume here and contact Valerie Manalo at (503)403-1971.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.