Hiring an Embedded Software Engineer for a growing, international consumer products company located in the Greater Pittsburgh Area! The Embedded Engineer will join their close-knit engineering team and contribute to new product (60-65%) and product improvement (35-40%) initiatives. This position is direct-hire, offering competitive benefits and other perks!
- Working closely with the engineering team in the development of unreleased products and improvements to current product portfolio
- Exercising your knowledge of embedded software engineering competencies with a strong attention to detail and follow through to bring work to completion
- Regularly demonstrating your robust root cause analysis and problem solving skills
- Optimizing and refactoring existing embedded software stacks to help improve product functionality and efficiency
- Designing, performing, and documenting verification tests to validate product designs
- Develop embedded electronic systems based around 8, 16, and 32-bit MCUs
- Develop and test embedded firmware using debuggers, emulators, and electrical test equipment
- Work with a multi-disciplined engineering team to brainstorm and develop new products
Qualifications & Requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering ,or related technical discipline (M.S. preferred)
- 2+ years experience in embedded development with new product introductions or continuous improvement
- Experience with the following: Embedded C, Version Control Tools (CVS, SVN, GIT, etc.), Electronic Test Equipment, Communication Protocols (SPI, UART, etc.), and debugging interfaces (ICE, JTAG, etc.)
- Experience working hands-on with hardware. Understanding of how software and hardware interact to better hardware selection and improve code
- Comfortable using modern operating systems (RTOS preferred)
- Comfortable developing feedback control software for hardware systems that require accurate motor positioning, complex multi-segmented displays as well as other various UI components
- Experience with bare-metal programming highly preferred!
- Comfortable with Python UI development
- Experience with Bluetooth or RF communication is a plus!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.