Cool Automotive start-up has open position for Senior Software Engineer - Embedded Systems in San Francisco, CA!
The Embedded Systems Team develops the first layers of software on the car, from interfacing with hardware, to moving large amounts of data up the software stack. As a Senior Software Engineer you'll be responsible for designing, documenting, and implementing complex, highly scalable, low-latency software in C++ on Linux-based systems. Your work will be the foundational software on which the rest of builds upon.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop software in C++ to interface the autonomy stack with the sensors and custom hardware on the vehicle
- Improve and deliver reliable software through requirements generation, continuous integration, automated testing, issue tracking, and code reviews
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple teams and mentor other developers
- Deliver complex projects through incremental development
What you must have:
- 3+ years of experience writing production-quality software
- Experience with C++11 or later
- Experience developing on and for embedded Linux / POSIX systems
- Demonstrated experience building, testing, and shipping production software
- Experience with safety critical development (FDA, FAA, Automotive) - Bonus!
- Experience with embedded build systems, such as buildroot or yocto.
- Experience with networking Experience with ROS or other robotics middleware platforms
- Experience with other languages: C, Python, Bash, Go Experience with QNX, VxWorks, or similar
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.