Do you want to be part of an organization dedicated to tackling global issues such as climate change? Do you get excited by solving analytical problems and collaborating with a team to do so? DNV GL is growing our Energy Insights team and is looking to add an analyst to support our market research and program analysis efforts as well as our industry-leading non-wires alternatives practice.
DNV GL - Energy North America is seeking to fill the role of Analyst. We are looking for a team member with a passion for supporting the future of the clean energy industry with our Energy Insights team- a team of energy market research and evaluation professionals across the country. The successful candidate will serve as research analyst, responsible for supporting projects involving energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed energy resource market research, program analysis, and forecasting. This position may be located in our Medford, MA, Arlington, VA or Oakland, CA offices.
Tasks May Include
- Working on project-based teams in the delivery of program evaluations, research studies, and other project work related to energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed energy resource markets and programs. Supporting customer adoption and grid modernization research and analysis.
- Supporting research and analysis of non-wires alternatives programs and policies, including NWA resource potential analysis, cost-benefit analysis, program development support, and regulatory support.
- Performing secondary research, including literature reviews, internet research, document review and database review
- Conducting primary research including survey design assistance, conducting interviews, and supporting the management of market research survey firms
- Extracting and merging data from multiple sources, assessing data quality, and identifying data gaps. Proposing solutions to address data gaps. Documenting assumptions and data sources.
- Performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis and summarizing results using Microsoft Excel, SAS and/or other statistical or programming packages such as R or Python. Typical types of analysis include survey data analysis, trend identification, market sizing, customer segmentation, likelihood of adoption analysis, and cost-effectiveness assessment.
- Reviewing the results of data analysis or modeling and conducting quality control procedures
- Operating with a teamwork mentality that leads to building and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Preparing deliverables including memos, reports, and presentations
- Executing assignments with required quality and within the agreed schedule and budget
- Presenting analytical results to team members and eventually, to clients
- Bachelor's Degree in economics, environmental economics, statistics, engineering, public policy or related research discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 1 year of demonstrated research and analytics experience in a professional or academic setting (internships are valid)
- Knowledge of energy efficiency, demand side management and/or demand response programs or savings opportunities is a plus
- Experience in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel and willingness to learn SAS and at least one other statistical or programming package such as R or Python.
- Ability to examine data from different primary and secondary data sources and create meaningful analyses
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new skills and approaches.
- Willingness to undertake new and challenging activities and think creatively to find a solution to a problem. An interest in using data and research to tell a story.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; comfortable communicating with team members with different cultural backgrounds and experience
- Excellent attention to detail in analysis, reporting, and communication
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team and have a positive, team-oriented attitude and professional demeanor
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task and communicate with other team members about priorities
- Must have a current valid drivers license.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Candidates are required to submit a cover letter with their application
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!