Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America’s diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock’ banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company’s customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
The Data Solutions & Services (DSS) organization within the Enterprise Functions Technology Team provides technology to the Enterprise-wide lines of businesses, functions and leaders. Business alignment includes Enterprise Risk, Enterprise Finance, Enterprise Data Management and Insights, Human Resources, Public Affairs (including Marketing), Customer Excellence, Audit and Legal.
With many of the functions and teams newly consolidated Enterprise organizations, business and technology transformations are a key focus. DSS' role is to partner with the business, acting as one team to deliver simple, safe and sound, innovative and integrated products and services. DSS' platforms and services are foundational to Wells Fargo and required to run the company and to satisfy our customer and employee needs. We must deliver every day with high availability, speed to market, strong risk management, security, agility and with financial transparency.
Marketing is a critical enterprise function which supports the development of integrated, customer-centric marketing strategies and programs in order to deepen customer engagement and enhance revenue. Technology and data are critical enablers of customer-centric strategies and driving effectiveness and efficiency of marketing programs.
The Marketing Senior Data Engineering Manager will lead a data engineering organization which creates and manages enterprise level marketing technologies and strategic capabilities. The leader will be accountable for technology which supports marketing for all lines of business, customers and prospects across multiple channels.
The leader will have direct accountability for managing a large portfolio of marketing data applications. The leader will provide oversight to ensure successful delivery of a large book of technology work supporting Marketing, requiring the leader partner across the Wells Fargo Technology organization leveraging the power of data, digital, and artificial intelligence to drive transformational outcomes.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 7+ years of leadership or management experience
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- 5+ years of experience managing managers
- 5+ years of experience with strategic planning in technology
- 7+ years of technology engineering experience
- 6+ years of leadership and people management experience in a technology environment
- 7+ years of information technology experience
- Adobe experience
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to develop and execute business vision, strategies, and goals
- Ability to initiate action, make difficult decisions, and generate creative solutions
- Ability to prepare and present senior level communications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- 5+ years of Salesforce experience
- End-to-end marketing campaign management experience
- Experience creating and implementing integrated direct marketing programs using digital and offline channels
- Digital marketing campaign experience
- 2+ years of marketing campaign management and execution experience
- 5+ years of relational database experience
- 7 + years of team management experience in a database marketing environment
- Reporting and analytics experience using reporting tools such as Adobe Analytics
- Experience with strategy development and implementation
- Knowledge and understanding of database and application security planning and architecture
- Knowledge and understanding of public and private cloud integration with AWS, IAAS, Asure or Google
- 5+ years of architectural design and planning experience
- Ability to motivate a team and lead strategic initiatives, collaborating across a large organization and multi-tasking as required
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of Marketing Data experience
- Experience with guiding teams through an agile transformation
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS and/or Azure
- Experience with SalesForce and/or Adobe
- Experience with managing and mitigating risk
- Experience with high availability architectures / patterns to ensure business continuity of technology services
- Strong understanding of technology risk practices (e.g. secure coding, access management, security)
- Experience effectively interacting with a variety of contacts, primarily with others at the executive level
- Demonstrated vendor negotiation and partnership skills along with experience working with technology offshore vendor relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large portfolio of technology efforts across several major lines of business and effectively partner/influence at the senior executive level
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the financial, operational, technical and regulatory drivers impacting a complex and dynamic global technology environment
- Ability to develop technology strategy, operating model & roadmaps with clear objectives and aligned with business, enterprise and technology strategies
- Broad experience across multiple areas of technology including one or more of architecture, infrastructure and application development with strong understanding of leading edge as well as legacy and distributed technologies to effectively manage a complex and diverse applications portfolio
- Highly effective decision-making/critical thinking/problem solving skills with a collaborative and results oriented leadership style
- Demonstrated ability to consult with key business partners and translate complex, technical concepts so that they are clearly understood along with the ability to effectively partner and influence at the senior executive level
- Demonstrated experience motivating and influencing groups or individuals across organizational boundaries to gain trust and confidence to make timely decisions
- Proven experience in establishing a vision, developing the strategy to support the vision, gaining consensus across key functional leadership through effective communication, and driving action towards the vision through the effective management of goals and objectives
- Excellent communication (oral and written) with ability to communicate at multiple levels ranging from technologists to senior managers and executive leadership
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.