DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Prepare Laser and Water Jet CNC programming.
• Review programs for actual material requirements, prepare final estimates and present it to department manager.
• Work closely with Sheet metal shop supervisor to maintain raw materials and remnants.
• Management may assign tasks involving; Creating Flat Pattern drawings for release to production. Assign and apply proper and instructive annotation and classification to various manufacturing drawings. Create documentation for procedures and references that coincide with current manufacturing practices and techniques.
• Work within guidelines; follow instructions and priorities set forth by Manager.
• Perform duties of junior manufacturing engineer when needed.
• Performs various other duties as assigned by manager.
• Excellent knowledge of basic sheet metal techniques and practices.
• Fair ability to visualize space geometry as well as 3D to Flat conversions.
• Good knowledge of manufacturing machinery, such as: (2d flat pattern cutting machines) Lasers, Water Jets, Plasma, Milling Machines, Lathes, Drill Presses, Press Brakes, Automation, etc.
• Good communication skills in working closely with shop personnel, engineers and designers.
• Proactive in looking for ways to improve manufacturing processes by efficient material consumption and/or creative nest solutions.
• A fast learner in new methods, new software packages, new machinery, new guidelines, etc.
• Follows instructions and is able to switch between multiple priorities on a daily basis.
• Any CAD/CAM programs is fine.
Sheet metal, Cad, cad/cam, cnc, shop drawing, manufacturing engineering, drafting, Manufacturing process
Top Skills Details:
-Some sort of experience with CAD/CAM software (doesn't need to be full design or programming)
-Able to visualize and create 2D lay flat cutting patterns from 3D objects
-Assist with drafting production documents for sheet metal
-3-5 years of experience with some sort of sheet metal fabrication (Lasers, Water Jets, Plasma, Milling Machines, Lathes, Drill Presses, Press Brakes, Automation, etc.)
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
GvG: Inventor, any additional experience with shop sheet metal manufacturing equipment, processes, workflow, etc.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.