Requisition ID # 99930
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Office of President & Corporate CEO
Customer and Communications is devoted to serving PG&E’s mission of delivering safe, reliable, and affordable customer-focused electric and gas service. As PG&E’s customer-facing organization, we support Electric Operations, Gas Operations, and Energy Supply. We aim to define and drive the enterprise-wide customer strategy while encouraging a culture of safety, affordability, and employee engagement. In addition to Customer Care, this department includes corporate communications and marketing as well as encompassing the leadership of the 5 regions of the PG&E service area.
We are hiring for two Executive Assistant positions. Both will report directly to and assist one Regional Vice President (RVP) and will assist up to 2 other RVPs each. The Executive Assistant should understand and support the multiple complex companywide functions or operating units reporting into the Executive. The successful candidate may lead and guide the work of other administrative support personnel, and mentor other administrative support personnel. All employees are responsible for performing their jobs in accordance with PG&E’s vision and values.
The role will work remotely from California through the end of the year. Once a return to the office is identified, this role will be based within one of the following areas: Fresno, Morgan Hill/San Jose, Oakland Bay area, Santa Rosa, or greater Sacramento areas.
Responsibilities typically include many or all the following:
- Manage & prioritize calendar. Arrange ongoing/recurring as well as ad hoc meetings & conference calls. Schedule conference rooms set up audio visual or on-line meeting tools and events. Coordinate & ensure meeting logistics are in place. Reschedule appointments. May greet and escort parties to scheduled meetings.
- Compose, proofread, edit & format written correspondence, agendas, and documents for signature. Assist with phones, phone screening, oral contacts & communications, take phone messages. Utilize polished professionalism and communication skills while serving as liaison on behalf of the leader or department. (Note: The balance of internal vs. external contacts, as well as the type of contact will vary by leader supported). May monitor, sort, and prioritize emails for the leader, and use discretion and business judgment to respond directly or to forward to team members for response.
- Refer or delegate business issues or questions to others for resolution on behalf of leader or team. Follow up to ensure issue or question status & resolution. Track action items using a follow-up system, tool, or process, communicate and report on status.
- Prepare or assist in preparing documents, reports, presentations, meeting materials, documents for signature. Prepare copies, arrange materials. Process distribute mail. May assist or coordinate maintaining information on intranet site. Maintain a records management system, including efficient filing system, document storage.
- Handle all travel related aspects for individuals and groups. Arranging conference facilities, catering. Managing logistics for travel, group, and events arrangements. Create detailed itineraries. Audit/monitor for adherence to corporate travel guidelines.
- Order & maintain an inventory of items required. Order new equipment or schedule, service / maintenance. Order supplies.
- Provide administrative support pertaining to contract management transactions in support of purchase requests along with processing purchase orders. Input, review, and process expense reports.
- Handle HR related administrative tasks including time reporting, pay planning, performance improvement plans, performance management, organization change requests, pay change requests, rewards and recognition forms, organization chart updates, emergency lists. Order LAN ID and assets for new hires. Monitor & track staff participation in required training, reading or action including safety and compliance. Complete building services requests. May coordinate office space planning. Handle all aspects of new employee onboarding.
- Create, assemble, modify, proofread presentations, spreadsheets, reports.
- Create Reports & Track Metrics.
- Manage data, metrics tracking and reporting, report creation and execution.
- Backup Other Administrative Assistants: Backup and support to other Executive Assistants as required.
- Travel and event arrangements are often for multiple leadership and other employees, frequently with associated logistical complexities that include coordinated ground transportation, multiple destinations and hotels, foreign destinations, group activities and event arrangements.
- Meeting or conference arrangements include hotel or other conference facilities for large groups, with logistical complexities that may include coordinating speakers, special guests outside of PG&E, site specific requirements determination, evaluation and selection, field trips, post conference excursions and event activities.
- Monitor and process a high volume of expenses, scrutinizing against policy but also for perception of expenses (i.e. limo, expensive meals, etc.)
- Understand unique officer related office space and setup requirements, influence PG&E building and asset personnel to meet officer specific needs.
- Frequently resolves scheduling conflicts by evaluating and judging business needs and priorities, working with other Executive and Sr. Executive Assistants as well as with business leaders and others across the company.
- Often works proactively, anticipating needs, and coordinating administrative and professional support.
- High School Diploma required
- 5 or more years of administrative support experience
- 2 years of supporting Senior Director level
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred
- Communication & interpersonal skills, portraying a high degree of professionalism
- Organization and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, prioritize work and manage time to meet deadlines
- Flexible and open to change
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in dealing with sensitive or confidential information
- Political and organizational savvy
- Motivated, self-starter, eager to master new skills
- Ability to foster teamwork, collaborative environment
- Software/Office Applications: Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Search. May also require experience and knowledge with PG&E specific applications such as SRM, Concur, HR SAP, CATS, Visio, SharePoint