- Work with kitchen staff to produce high quality products on a consistent basis
- Interface and efficient react to Customer/Executive Chef requirements
- Implement customer specific menu items
- Maintain HACCP standards
- Culinary Quality & Menu Adherence
- Production planning and management
- Responsible for Food & Quality Safety
- Menu development when required and other daily operation needs
- Able to assist Executive Chef to create a vision for the department
- Responsible for all facets of daily hot food production including presentations for airlines, maintenance of daily requisitions, production sheets and monthly updates
- Ensure compliance with airline specification, personal hygiene and food handling procedures
- Assist in departmental scheduling and control of hours and food cost
- Assist in the development and training of employees
- Assist in maintaining a good relationship between the departments
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Good communication skills with employees, a must. Minimum of one year of experience working in all Asian techniques is required.
- Strong knowledge of Japanese cooking philosophies and principles .
- Ability to explain Japanese cooking techniques
- Minimum of one year of experience in Japanese cooking in a high volume hotel/restaurant is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all basic Japanese cooking techniques is required.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in airline/cruise ship/ hotel/restaurant is required.
- Minimum of one year experience in a high production volume restaurant/hotel is required.
- Minimum of three years of general culinary experience is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, and Excel) are required.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience and ability to convert recipes from metric to U.S. and vice versa for both volume and weight is required.
This position has supervisory responsibilities over the Hot Food department.
This job operates in a Hot Kitchen production environment. This role routinely uses standard kitchen equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position in a 24/7/365 work environment.
Flexibility with weekdays, evenings and weekend required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.