Requisition ID # 83780
Job Category : Environmental Management / Safety
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Shared Services
PG&E’s Transportation Services team is responsible for operating and managing one of the largest commercial fleets in the U.S. PG&E has pioneered efficient and sustainable green transportation technologies as part of our commitment to provide safe, reliable and affordable gas and electric service. PG&E’s industry leading green fleet includes a range of electric vehicle technologies—from hybrid electric bucket trucks to extended range pickups. Transportation Services is nationally recognized as a leader in green fleet technology and continues to innovate, invest and work closely with our industry, regulators, automakers and other partners to develop policies and best practices.
The Transportation Services department is responsible for managing all aspects of PG&E’s vehicles & equipment fleet, from design to disposition. The team is comprised multiple operating departments including Engineering, Field Operations, Business Support, Strategy and Analytics. Operating departments within Transportation Services are responsible for company-wide management of over 13,000 vehicles & equipment, regulatory and compliance issues, capital planning, clean air and alternate fuel initiatives, project support, company policy review, safety and technical analyses.
Program Manager for Transportation Services’ Safety Program. Works to detect, prevent and mitigate safety risks. Supports leaders in completing thorough incident analysis and ensures the chain of command is notified. Provides subject matter expertise on incidents analysis and provides consultation and guidance on corrective action development. Collaborates with and supports line of businesses on safety issues. Utilizes safety trend analysis to identify and mitigate actions to correct gaps. Serves as a resource for the development, implementation, and sustainability of the various companywide initiatives.
- Manages and develops safety programs for improved safety performance
- Onsite field and mechanic observations. Engage employees for feedback in a bottom up approach for improvement of the Safety Program and Culture.
- Conducts trending of safety data to understand the leading indicators of safety issues. Communicates safety trends and recommends safety corrective actions.
- Frequently shares safety information to all in an impactful and results oriented way.
- Develops, implements and leads safety initiatives. Create safety action plans to strategize approach and provide guidance in development.
- Partners with supervisor to conduct and complete incident analysis of safety incidents within Transportation Services for proper follow up and investigation.
- Provides consultation on safety corrective action development
- Serves as a liaison between the technical and practical aspect of safety and ensures implementation. Serves as a safety / LOB SME during training development.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 7 years job-related experience
- Professional Certification/Safety Management (e.g., Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Safety Professional, Certified Hazardous Materials Management)
- Industrial Knowledge & Experience (e.g., Journeymen Mechanic, Experience working with Mechanics, Ergonomic Health)