The health and safety of our employees is our credo, moral obligation, and at the core of our business practices.
How we are keeping our employees and customers safe:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- Daily temperature checks
- COVID 19 testing
Transdev wants you!
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for overall facilities management for multiple properties including oversight
of all building leases, coordination with landlords and ensuring the buildings are safe and meet all local, state and federal building codes.
- Lead the planning and strategy for real-estate needed for new operations to support client needs
- Negotiate and manage leases for operational locations secured by Transdev
- Responsible for working with the client to establish requirements, scout new locations to meet operational needs across the system
- Manages vendors for all services and equipment needed to start-up a location (furniture, cleaning, stationary, employee snacks/amenities, PPE etc..)
- Planning and preparation for transitions to new operational locations
- Manage long-term travel hotel needs / cost optimization for remote operations for staff travelling from other regions
- Considers the needs of the entire facility; negotiates contracts with third-party vendors to provide maintenance and repair services; emergency services for repairs and maintenance.
- Works with leadership and client to ensure strong communication and input on real-estate conditions; prepares regular reports of ongoing conditions at the facility.
- Reviews performance reports and establishes performance goals; ensures that process improvements are implemented and locations remain within spec
- Makes hiring decisions for authorized service roles; evaluates the work performance of vendored staff; oversees compliance with labor contracts
- Ensures that all safety goals and directives are met; assists with compliance of all safety training/ standards and requirements to include drug and alcohol training/testing
- Develops and monitors facilities department budget; communicates goals and financial performance to employees
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
Other duties as required
Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required.
- Certification as a journeyman electrician required.
- Certification as an HVAC journeyman required.
- 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in building and grounds maintenance
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to understand and interpret instructional manuals containing schematic designs
- Ability to read a ruler and blue print schematics
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand tools and repair equipment
- Excellent understanding of construction, design, and repair of a wide variety of equipment including HVAC systems and mechanized garage equipment
- Ability to weld, solder, braze, and use a cutting torch
Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% for occasional meetings Pre-Employment Requirements:
- Must submit to drug testing and a criminal background check
- Must not have had any DUI/DWI convictions in the past 60 months
- Must not have any moving violations in the past 12 months
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell.
- Regularly required to work at various heights.
- Regularly required to lift up to 100 pounds.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their cities.www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.