Why Work at LeafFilter?
LeafFilter Gutter Protection has cultivated a passionate and inspired team with the support of an excellent workplace culture. People are at the heart of everything we do, and we’ve crafted a team of the very finest to ensure we make a difference…both to the homeowners we support and to the staff that’s at the heart of it all. Are you looking for a workplace with excellent culture, benefits, and opportunities for advancement? How about weekly pay, casual dress, and a fun work environment? Because we’re looking for someone just like you to make our team extraordinary.
Are we your company?
LeafFilter is dominating the gutter protection industry and we continue to grow. We work hard and play harder. We’re a big company with a small company feel. We have ambition and drive and we’re in constant development. For us, we strive to be better than the best and we want you to join in our success! LeafFilter is the #1 rated gutter guard system in the nation as evaluated by the leading consumer publication. Since 2005, LeafFilter has grown from one small office in Hudson, OH to North America’s largest gutter protection company and a leader in the home improvement industry. From marketing to sales, installation, and service, we have the best team, right along with the best gutter protection solution.
What do we offer?
- Industry leading compensation package
- Fully paid Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits after 90 days
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness programs including Peerfit
- Endless opportunity for growth and advancement
LeafFilter Awards and Accolades: (2019)
- Inc. 5000’s fastest growing companies in America for eight straight years
- Qualified Remodeler Magazine’s Top 500 List: 4th Largest Remodeler
- Remodeling Magazine’s Top 550 List: 3rd Largest Remodeler
- Top Workplace by Cleveland Plain Dealer
Responsible for providing support in the field office for a variety of administrative, purchasing, and operational activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide full administrative support including scanning, copying, filing, data entry, banking and other tasks as needed
- Coordinate and schedule service and/or installation calls for customer follow up
- Maintain effective relationships with peers, multiple internal/external customers, and senior leaders
- Maintain files and complete data entry with accuracy and attention to detail
- Assist with inventory tracking / management
- Order and maintain supplies for the office
- Other responsibilities as needed to support office and/or company-wide initiatives
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- 1+ years of successful experience in administrative support and office support
- Must have proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service focus and ability to interact with internal and external customers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Prior experience in construction administrative support
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.