Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers . Join our team!
As a part of the Customer Experience (CX) Organization, the regionally based Field Application Scientist (FAS) works closely with regional commercial counterparts to ensure customer adoption and success. Through regionally preselling, training and supporting NanoString products, the FAS assists with the scientific strategy to contribute to additional revenue growth from commercial opportunities within the region.
Territory: San Francisco Bay Area and Nevada
- Engage with new and existing customers to educate, support and train them on NanoString products and platforms
- In pre-sales environments, conduct seminars to educate and scientifically collaborate with customers in the planning and design of scientific projects to either support the purchase of an instrument or through partnership with an institutional/regional core lab or CRO?(if available)
- In post-sales environments, train new customers and scientifically partner with clients in project scoping and design elements to increase product adoption and usage and participate in the cultivation of revenue generating post-sales support and consultative opportunities
- Conduct data analysis sessions and/or point to resources to enable regional customers to accelerate full adoption of technologies providing on-site troubleshooting as needed
- In partnership with the?Regional Commercial Team, identify opportunities through relationship building with clients to position the power and utility of NanoString's technologies for their research or developmental efforts
- Partner closely with the?Regional Commercial team in the positioning of new technologies as they are released and develop partnerships that may contribute to early access programs for these technologies
- Collaborate with CX Team counterparts in supporting customers and their scientific applications
- Contribute to the development and refinement of processes and materials used by the CX organization to improve the information and tools needed by the global team to advance the needs of our customers and to help to build a world-class customer experience organization.
- Provide client and product feedback to internal teams as required
- Mentor and train other members of the CX Team as needed
- Complete administrative duties as required