An empty treadmill isn’t compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
****** This is a remote-based position and, in order to effectively service customers in the region, applicants must live within or be willing to move to the San Francisco Bay Area area. No relocation benefit is being offered for this position - only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographic area will be considered ***
As a Field Service Technician with Life Fitness, you will travel to commercial and consumer locations to assist with installations, make repairs, and conduct preventative maintenance on fitness equipment and entertainment consoles across Life Fitness brands. Are you interested in growing your career and joining the passionate team behind life’s passions?
THE LIFE FITNESS FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN ROLE IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Join a dynamic organization leading the global fitness industry, creating solutions that benefit facilities and exercisers, helping keep people active and positively impacting lives
- Take advantage of rewards and recognition for superior performance (base salary + commission and quarterly incentive eligibility).
- Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability.
- Comprehensive wellness benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, etc.) and exceptionally competitive total rewards package (profit sharing, 401k match, tuition assistance, etc.)
- Superior employee purchase program for Brunswick brand product discounts and reduced rates on everyday products and services like vehicles, electronics, homeowner insurance, etc.
WHAT IS A FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBLE FOR?
Repair & Maintenance
- Independently diagnosing and troubleshooting networking, electrical, or mechanical issues with fitness equipment and entertainment consoles across Life Fitness brands.
- Efficiently routing and scheduling daily work to service the customer and meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), such as tasks per day, customer resolution time, first time fix rate, etc.
- Performing scheduled preventative maintenance on fitness equipment across the Life Fitness brand portfolio.
- Conducting training service programs on the operation and maintenance of products and performing demonstrations as requested.
- Occasionally attending regional trade shows and assisting the trade show team with setting up and maintaining demonstration equipment.
Customer Experience & Sales
- Establishing relationships with customers to become a trusted partner and Life Fitness Service advisor.
- Offering and selling extended maintenance contracts to existing customers to meet established sales goals.
- Meeting or exceeding customer experience Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as customer response time, average on-site response time, and acceptable call completion rate percentages.
- Partnering with customers to proactively find repairs that are needed within each location to meet or exceed financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Administrative, Financial & Budgetary:
- Maintaining a proper inventory of spare parts; managing within defined acceptable shrinkage percentages, managing replenishment of service inventory, and coordinating the disposition of exchanged parts.
- Maintaining accurate service records and reports on equipment problems in the field.
- Maintaining company supplied vehicle in good working order.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Work in compliance with Life Fitness Health & Safety procedures.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN YOU (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)?
- Associate's degree in electronics, technical school degree, or high school diploma / GED with equivalent technical training and experience.
- A+ Certification or equivalent network experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience providing technical repair services or troubleshooting issues with fitness equipment or products of equivalent / greater complexity.
- Demonstrated ability and skill to assess, troubleshoot, and, with limited supervision, make accurate decisions on proper course of action when resolving customer issues.
- Proficiency diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with electro-mechanical, networking, and audio / visual (A/V) technologies
- Strong working knowledge of WiFi connectivity, power electronics, digital / analog circuits, AC / DC power systems, hardware, and associated test equipment.
- The ability to adapt quickly, multi-task, work independently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, and operate remotely with limited supervision.
- Action Oriented – takes on opportunities, and challenges with a sense of urgency.
- Accountability – takes personal responsibility for actions, results, and takes a no excuses approach to making things happen
- A positive, proactive, and helpful attitude with a collaborative style and proven ability to be a good team-player
- Strong Customer Focus – builds strong relationships, and delivers customer-centric service.
- Plans and schedules work to meet commitments that are properly aligned with organizational goals.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and an ability to interface with both internal, and external customers in a positive, highly professional manner.
- PC and data entry proficiency; competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); previous experience with Oracle or another comparable ERP preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills, a keen attention to detail / accuracy with a strong ability to recognize parts and part numbers.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds, push and pull equipment, and carry up to 50 pounds a distance of 100 feet; Must be able to stand, bend, and/or kneel for up to two hours at a time.
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted state driver's license, a clean driving record, and successfully complete a background verification, drug screening, and motor vehicle record check. Ability and willingness to travel up to 85% of time via automobile (and occasionally via airplane).
About Life Fitness:
Life Fitness, a division of Brunswick Corporation, is the global leader in the fitness industry. Our mission is to provide solutions that get the world moving and help people lead active and healthy lives. Since 1977, we have been designing and manufacturing cutting-edge, best-in-class fitness products for commercial facilities and home use. We have something for everyone with innovative cardio, strength, and group training products including treadmills, exercise bikes, elliptical cross-trainers, rowers, and weight and group training equipment. We operate under the brands Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Cybex, Indoor Cycling Group, SCIFIT and Brunswick Billiards.
Want to take the next step in your career?
Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and believe in providing opportunities for further growth and advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your limits and unleash your potential.
If you feel the open position you see is right for you, we invite you to apply.
Learn more about us here.
Life Fitness does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information