Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Finance brings together enterprise functions that drive Wells Fargo's financial management, including accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, line of business finance, asset-liability management, treasury, tax management, and the company's investment portfolios. They also inform shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, employees, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines.
Reporting into the Senior Finance Manager for Consumer and Small Business Banking Technology and Digital Technology and Innovations, the Finance Functional Expert will be responsible for partnering with the CIO and CFO organizations of the Strategy, Digital and Innovations business unit of the firm. This highly visible role will have ownership and accountability for all financial management activities across Digital Technology and Innovations, including oversight and reporting of overall financials and headcount, and articulating financial drivers and strategy to senior management. Strong technical abilities with knowledge of financial systems/related process workflows and the ability to simplify/analyze large data sets in order to tell the story behind the financials will be critical for this role. Additionally, this role will require leadership and the ability to influence/partner and drive transformational change to the financial environment and underlying processes across the entire Technology organization.
This role will have responsibilities for the following:
- Partner with Digital Technology and Innovations CIO and respective CFO of the Strategy, Digital and Innovations group to drive transformational change to financial processes to ensure accuracy, stability, efficiency, and transparency
- Create and present decks/presentations to senior management that clearly articulate the financial story/strategy and provide insights/recommendations on financial and headcount management activities and trends
- Partner across the firm to develop financial management solutions and toolsets, leveraging best practices and creative thinking that allow for consistent/streamlined processes
- Support all financial processes and reporting, including actuals, budget, forecast of various financial and headcount metrics and scenarios/views, including general ledger, program/project, taxonomy, product, application, allocations, and business case financials
- Maintain and refine key metrics and performance indicators measuring efficiency of the DTI Technology organization, including workforce, vendor, and infrastructure strategy
- Work in coordination with the Investment Demand Portfolio Leader on governance, Coordination, and maintenance of DTI Technology program portfolio and related financials/headcount
- Coordinate and oversee month-end financial close, including forecasting, reporting, and analysis of financials at detailed cost center and account level
- Coordinate with the CSBBT and DTI FP&A leader on annual budgeting process, including business case prioritization of technology investments and spend, ensuring strict governance of deliverables and transparency of financials
- Ensure connectivity of financial data ecosystem and toolsets to optimize financial processes
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis to senior management on a frequent basis
- Partner with Finance and DTI Business Services teams to provide financial commentary and analysis regarding financial drivers and variances (i.e. actuals/forecast vs. budget)
- Liaise with various stakeholders across Technology, Finance, and DTI to ensure best practices and desired results
- Identify opportunities and recommend improvements for increased process and reporting efficiencies
- Ensure data integrity, accuracy, and timeliness in all financial reporting and presentations
A mature leader with proven critical thinking skills and demonstrated senior operational credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate, strategic and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. The role requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision, operational and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to think strategically, and understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, people skills and personal accountability for driving results.
Specifically, we seek:
- Leadership: Proven ability to establish and gain buy-in for an idea or vision, define stretch goals that are attainable and directly support business goals, and garner enthusiastic support across the organization to accomplish the goals.
- Problem Solving: Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems. Accurately analyzes complex issues, ensuring identification of underlying root causes. Demonstrates the ability to solve problems under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity. Generates alternative solutions and expertly handles obstacles.
- Professional Skills: Capable prolific communicator that is comfortable working with a wide variety of corporate executives, operations, customers and business partners. Proven teamwork skills; excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Creativity and Innovation: Able to think creatively and critically to identify opportunities to uniquely and effectively meet customer needs. Strong ability to assess market and competitive conditions and to develop creative, break-through approaches supporting improved customer experiences and operational efficiencies.
- Analytical Thinking: Obtains and uses data necessary to identify opportunities or understand problems; uses quantitative techniques to make it actionable
Salary range is determined by location of the job.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule:
AZ – Phoenix, AZ: MIN $140,000 Mid: $200,000 Max: $260,000
NC – Charlotte, NC: MIN $140,000 Mid: $200,000 Max: $260,000
NY - New York, NY: MIN $168,000 Mid: $240, 000 Max: $312,000
CA – San Francisco, CA: MIN $168,000 Mid: $240, 000 Max: $312,000
MN – Minneapolis, MN: MIN $140,000 Mid: $200,000 Max: $260,000
IA – Des Moines: Min: $140,000 Mid: $200,000 Max: $260,000
TX – Dallas, TX: Min: $140,000 Mid: $200,000 Max: $260,000
CHARLOTTE, NC; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; CHANDLER, AZ; NEW YORK, NY; DALLAS, TX; San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Other U.S. Wells Fargo footprint locations may be considered
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Demonstrated success and mastery managing in a matrixed environment
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in financial management supporting large-scale organizations
- 5+ years management experience in leadership role
- 5+ years of Technology Finance experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, MIS, or Economics
- Experience partnering in either a Finance and/or Business Management leadership capacity and providing insights/recommendations to senior management
- Advanced systems skills required including in-depth knowledge of Excel, Essbase, and PowerPoint
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner that tells the story behind financials in a compelling way
- Experience in Digital Platform/technology, Artificial intelligence and digital related innovative technology
- Confident and personable attitude with the ability to face off with senior management at all levels, influence/handle difficult messages, problem solve, and resolve conflicts
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities under pressure
- Detail oriented individual capable of completing reporting and analytics accurately, on a timely basis, and in a presentable manner
- Capacity and desire to work both at a strategic and detailed analysis level
- Experience with visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau and Business Objects preferred
- Self-motivated individual, to go beyond immediate responsibilities
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building organizational capability including high performing teams, process, and technology. This includes a keen focus and proven results in developing a cultural environment that achieves results through team member engagement, customer loyalty and satisfaction
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.