Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Finance brings together enterprise functions that drive Wells Fargo's financial management, including accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, line of business finance, asset-liability management, treasury, tax management, and the company's investment portfolios. They also inform shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, employees, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines.
Corporate Functions Finance provides financial leadership for corporate staff functions including Human Resources, Corporate Risk, Legal, Audit, Legal, Finance, Public Affairs, Strategy Digital & Innovation, and Diverse Segments, Representation, and Inclusion.
The Finance Team is responsible for providing proactive leadership and consultative support to enhance business intelligence and drive improvements in processes and in alignment with overall function and company objectives. Outstanding leadership skills and the proven ability to foster a culture of strong consultation, sound controls, and continuous improvement will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will possess strong inter-personal effectiveness, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed environment.
The Finance Lead Consultant will serve as a business subject matter expert (SME) regarding finance matters and oversight. The role interacts and collaborates principally with Human Resources leaders, and will partner with other finance and accounting teams across Wells Fargo.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide direct finance leadership and support to the Human Resources division as well as other enterprise functions as needed through the normal course of business and organizational changes
• Leverage deep business knowledge to provide strong consultation and strategic thinking
• Collaborate with business in developing focused relevant materials for executive audiences; Examples include business reviews, forecast and monthly financial updates, expense initiatives progress, cost transparency, and technology investments.
• Lead processes for planning, forecasting, reporting, cost allocations, and analysis for the groups supported
• Develop meaningful financial analysis and insights (leveraging best practices) for proposed investments (ex: Projects, business cases, authorization of expenditures)
• Actively engage leaders in culture of cost discipline and targeted expense efficiencies to optimize financial performance. Includes researching and analyzing headcount, personnel costs, third party spend, travel and other costs that provide insights for influencing leader decisions
• Develop performance measures and cost drivers for assessing financial efficiency and ensuring meaningful and transparent cost allocations
• Lead meaningful and efficient delivery of key priorities and urgent issues resolution across Enterprise Functions Finance
• Ensure active compliance with risk management and enterprise policies including active adherence to documented processes and controls.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to translate and present complex data in a manner that educates, enhances understanding, and influence decisions
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to lead and operate collaboratively, execution focused, and results oriented
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Experience in problem analysis, solution implementation, and change management
Other Desired Qualifications
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with toolsets like Essbase/SmartView, Tableau, Project Tracking, and Costing tools
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NC-Charlotte: Min: $105,000 Mid: $150,000 Max: $195,000
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $105,000 Mid: $150,000 Max: $195,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $105,000 Mid: $150,000 Max: $195,000
AZ-Chandler: Min: $105,000 Mid: $150,000 Max: $195,000
CA-SF-Financial District: Min: $126,000 Mid: $180,000 Max: $234,000
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.