Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for a Finance Supervisor.
You will Organize priorities and ensures the timeliness, accuracy, and integrity of all financial information while also performing original work (working supervisor). This position is ultimately responsible for establishing, developing, and implementing appropriate processes and procedures to insure the integrity of financial reporting and planning information, while also providing efficient and effective decision support to management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain controls to assure the integrity of assets and the compliance with GAAP includes ensuring compliance with Corp/Div financial polices and procedures. Interprets financial results and recommends options.
- Evaluates risks of alternatives, recommends actions and develops strategies to cope with various scenarios. This responsibility should be performed in a way that protects the company's assets and avoids any surprises that could reasonably have been foreseen by the relevant level of financial management review.
- Develop and maintain a financial organization capable of meeting Division and Corporate requirements includes mobilizing staff to work in teams. facilitating teamwork to increase quality and productivity, assumes direct responsibility for results and empowers others while maintaining high performance standards.
- Ensure availability of timely and well-presented, high-quality expense, balance sheet, headcount and capital results & projections vs. appropriate benchmarks, as well as, trended information.
- Coordination of Plans/Updates/LBEs and monthly actual results should be executed and interpreted for Management decision making supporting the education of Management as to the main financial assumptions and/or key business and variance drivers.
- Financial expertise in evaluating and identifying the key issues and gaps in business performance and emerging business needs, deliver analyses that provides a foundation for management understanding and action.
- Develop metrics and reports to identify activity level for monthly review with management to address performance.
- Provide business decision support as required, including meaningful, value-added resource and expense analyses to influence and counsel management in developing business strategies.
- Influence Management in the development of certain critical success factors and key assumptions.
- Develop flexible, comprehensive tools to support business proposals focused on ROI and fully burdened margin profitability to support various business needs.
- Including training to improve the financial understanding of the key non-financial management & staff.
- Maintain and develop system solutions and process improvements that meet the needs of the financial planning & reporting requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or Economics. MBA and/or CPA/CMA is a plus, 4 years of finance experience (FP&A, Cost/General Accounting or Financial Reporting). Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems. Knowledge of the principles, processes and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your contribution is essential to success
- Training and career development, with on boarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.