Job Title: Flex Officer (Special Response Officer)
Location: San Francisco
Environment: Corporate Administrative
Pay Rate: $23.00
Shift & Hours: Morning and Swing shifts - 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM (Thursday to Monday)
Included Benefits/Perks: Health, Dental, Vision Coverage, 401(k), and Paid Time Off for Full Time Employees
General Job Functions: Special response officers provide security officer services to Vallejo and Concord Area. Special Response Officers will be trained at all sites within their assigned area.
Who is GardaWorld?
GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately-owned security services company. We protect our clients’ staff and assets, wherever they are in the world. We offer different schedules, diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries and career advancement opportunities. We encourage diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GardaWorld is looking for Security Officers to fulfill different assignments for our clients in the East Bay area!
GardaWorld's Special Response Officer (SRO – FLEX Officer) is responsible for interacting with team members, tenants and the client, as well as ensuring the site is safe and secure. This position is best suited for individuals who can provide customer service to the highest of standards – capable of representing GardaWorld as the premier provider of security services in the industry. The Special Response Officer (Flex Officer) position requires a mostly open schedule and picks up shifts around the valley based on vacations, leave of absences, or call-offs.
Their primary function is to provide operational support to the field. A GardaWorld SRO remains flexible to respond quickly to work any location or any shift in a pre-determined geography. Upon arrival to an assigned post, the SRO is tasked with the same duties as the Security Officer normally filling that post. Additionally, the SRO may be assigned to other operational or administrative special duties or tasks as determined by the Branch Office or designee. Persons filling this position are considered to be supervisors in training.
Flex Officer Program Objectives:
- Staff new accounts until permanent Security Officers can be hired.
- Provide security for short-term special events.
- Fill in for officers while on vacation/sick/no call-no show.
Qualifications specific to this position site include, but are not limited to:
- A Valid BSIS Guard Card is required (40 hours preferred).
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in one of, or a combination of the following:
-Law Enforcement (Police Academy Graduate)
-Corrections Experience (Corrections Officer)
-Military (Career/Military Police/Military Elite Forces)
- A valid CPR certification is required, but may be obtained prior to hire.
- At least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
General Qualifications to work in physical security at GardaWorld include:
- Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED)
- Pass an extensive background screening which includes, but is not limited to, criminal background checks (local, state, and federal), drug test, aptitude tests, skills assessment, interviews, and personality profile (behavioral assessment)
Special Note: After a minimum of 6 months within the SRO / Flex Program, personnel will be permitted an opportunity to transition out of the SRO program and into a permanent assignment, with a permanent schedule at a single location (based on schedule / site availability).