Front Desk Fitness Attendant
The Front Desk Fitness Attendant is responsible for creating the first and last impressions of the club experience for the Members by providing all Warm Welcomes, Magic Moments and Fond Farewells. Reports directly to the Fitness Director.
The Day to Day:
- Enthusiasticall greet all Members and Guests, ensure proper check in when using the facility, and greet all Members by name.
- Answer telephones promptly and courteously and direct all calls to the appropriate areas.
- Must be knowledgeable of the following as applicable: fitness reservation policy, Personal Training, Fitness Programs, Specialty Programming, Group Exercise class descriptions, class reservation schedules, and all upcoming club events and specials.
- Responsible for set up and tear down of the Group Exercise Studio for upcoming virtual or live classes on the schedule including moving equipment, providing towels, sanitizing equipment, and assisting members and instructors.
- Connect Members to other Members through ongoing contact with the Members and promotion of club activities.
- Create personalized service for Members, including providing towel and water service while Members are exercising.
- Promote the facility amenities, programs and the Club while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service that aligns with the values, philosophies, and standards of the club.
- Reliably perform open or close of business functions following guidelines and procedures established by the Club.
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments are completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated (i.e. orderly/organized work areas, straighten/arrange entry area, straightening/stocking of shop, etc.).
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Clubs operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time.
- Ability to focus attention on detail.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas, including all exercise areas and equipment are in safe and effective working condition, and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Available a minimum of 15 hours per week. Additional hours may be available.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum (1) year customer service experience required. Minimum (1) year customer service experience preferred.
- EDUCATION: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required, undergraduate degree preferred.
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Certification in CPR, First Aid and AED.