Goodyear. More Driven.
Global Technology – Software Engineering Intern, New Ventures Group – San Francisco, CA
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 63,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. At Goodyear, we embrace the diversity of our workforce and value the contribution of our associates. We strive to provide associates with a safe work environment, the resources they need to do their jobs, and ample opportunities for growth. These objectives, coupled with competitive compensation and benefits, allow us to foster an environment where associates can work to achieve their full potential and contribute to the company's success. For more information, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, headquartered in Akron, Ohio, is looking for talented leaders of the future to significantly strengthen its global leadership depth and play an integral role in the current and future success of the organization in our San Francisco facility. The Global Technology Co-op/Intern Program provides students with practical work experience in one of many diverse areas of Global Technology. The program allows the organization to build a pipeline of candidates for future permanent openings, and the students gain a better understanding of the various job opportunities available throughout Goodyear.
Ideally, many of the Global Technology co-ops and interns become permanent Goodyear associates after graduation.
Task and Responsibilities
- Development tasks in Front End, Backend, Dev Ops, etc.
- Conduct research and Proof of Concept work
- Explore migration to new technologies (databases, cloud technologies)
- Work to improve process/tools usage (Github, Jenkins, etc.)
Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA required
- Exposure to some web frameworks is preferred (React, Angular, Flask, etc.)
- Experience with Relational Databases (Postgres, etc.)
- Familiarity with Development process tools like Github and Jenkins
- Experience working in team settings
- Must have completed first year of classes (incoming sophomore level or higher)
- Prior engineering co-op/internship experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and strong communication skills
It is required that you go to campus.goodyear.com to create your candidate profile in order to be eligible for this position. A separate profile must be created for each position applied. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Goodyear is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 63,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Computer Science, Cloud, Technology, Engineering