This posting is for a Graphics Production Artist position at EDG
Who Are We?
With offices in Marin County, Dallas, and Singapore, EDG is an internationally recognized interior architecture and design studio, creating innovative hospitality environments worldwide. From Bali to Brazil, Riyadh to San Diego, EDG focuses on strategic solutions while surpassing guest expectations.
Our Marin County Headquarters was even named one of the “Five Coolest Bay Area Offices “by San Francisco Business Times and has been featured in Interior Design Magazine.
Here, our branding and graphics team works closely with our larger team of interior designers to brand award-winning hospitality experiences, including restaurants, bars, guestrooms, and spas. We develop visual identity solutions, environmental graphics, and signage for hospitality projects big and small - from entire hotels to intimate rooftop bars. Our projects can range from “big idea” concept development to detail-oriented menu layouts.
You + EDG:
We’re a collaborative group of design thinkers and doers who specialize in crafting independent, narrative-driven restaurant and hotel brands. We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented Graphics Production Artist. You’ll join a hard-working Branding team comprised of Graphic Designers, Brand Strategists, Copy Writers, and Food & Beverage Experts. Reporting to the Graphic Design Director, the Graphics Production Artist will be the dedicated designer for all our various production and production coordination needs -- print-ready files for collateral, signage specs, presentation layouts, detailed menu layouts, spa brochure layouts, etc.
You will support the Graphic Designers and Branding Directors on the team to create high quality assets on our wide range of hospitality projects—bringing our brand stories to life and making our design concepts real. You should have strong skills creating specification documents, experience with vendor coordination and extreme attention to detail. Experience with signage specifications is a plus!
What You'll do:
- Produce all specifications within deadlines and proactively monitor artwork quality, accuracy, and consistency
- Build final print-ready files from creative layouts or design mockups, paying close attention to the details of typography and placement of each element in the layout
- Assist creative teams with comps and mockup executions, and presentation layouts
- Work with vendors to generate estimates, review shop drawings and printing proofs
- Maintain orderly file folders
- Follow Client brand guideline
- Detail oriented and passionate about being pixel perfect across all work
- Willing to work on anything and check the ego at the door
- Highly flexible and adaptable to challenges
- Relentlessly driven, always learning
- Collaborative and a team player
- Fun. Not afraid to laugh with others, play with others, and help foster the culture that makes it enjoyable to come to work every day
- Determined, proactive, with a “let’s get it done” attitude
- Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design
- 3-5 years of experience in a production artist role
- Advanced experience in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, and InDesign)
- Advanced knowledge of fonts/typography and publication layouts
- Experience setting up master pages in Indesign
- Ability to execute final logo production and create final logo files in Illustrator
- Ability to set up large scale production files for environmental graphics, like vinyl and signage
- Ability to approve proofs and make quick turnaround on edits/corrections needed
- Ability to successfully work on multiple projects at once
- Knowledge of paper varieties, color formats and all printing processes
- Ability to create brand guidelines decks as part of the final project follow through
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-productivity environment with tight deadlines
- Good time management and organization — effective at managing workloads
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and motivated to work in a fast-paced and highly
collaborative environment. You will be challenged and inspired - and never bored!
Visit us at www.edgdesign.com
Please email us your cover letter, resume, and a portfolio sample of work (in PDF format or link )