The Security Operations Center (SOC)Supervisor Operator position facilitates a variety of activities, based at a designated high-profile Client site using specific systems and resources available within the security operations center. This includes security system monitoring and response, intelligence gathering and analysis, risk assessments, communications, reporting, emergency response & security officer dispatching.
This position is ideal for those with at least three years of either security / law enforcement / military experience, are detail oriented, can multi-task with ease and are comfortable working in fast paced environments where every second counts.
Security Operations * SOC Operator * Customer Service
- Comply with and facilitate the conduct of the daily routine in the Client SOC.
- Receive and respond to emergency and non-emergency calls from CLIENT employees, outside vendors, law enforcement, and the security field force via telephone, automated alarm monitoring and radio systems.
- Process and evaluate information received from all available sources, and respond with the appropriate communication and dispatch procedures.
- Using all available tools, provide general situational awareness to the department and senior CLIENT executives as necessary and as directed.
- Facilitate initial incident reporting for the department.
- React to situations using proven department protocols and SOPs, and use CAD technology to detail actions and dispatch officers.
- Contribute to the evolution & development of all SOC protocols and department SOPs.
- Actively monitor all alarm, access control and CCTV systems and respond as required.
- Support and enable effective emergency response across all potential scenarios impacting Client locations and people.
- Serves as a key point of client contact to ensure the delivery of high quality customer service for assigned account; evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary corrective action in a timely manner.
- Meets regularly with Security Operations Manager and Shift supervisor regarding status updates; addresses any actual or potential problems.
- Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned account.
High School Diploma or G.E.D and at least one years of experience in the security industry/ security operations center or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- If required for assigned accounts, must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the assigned accounts.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Key Words: Security Guard, Security Officer, Security, Protective Agent, Watchman, Night Watchman, Day Watchman, Surveillance, Security, Surveillance Officer, Loss Prevention, Theft Prevention, Customer Service Security Officer, Hotel Security Officer, Safety and Security Officer, Store Detective, Area Patrol, Transportation Security Officer, Armed Security Officer, Security Supervisor, Officer, Site Supervisor, Lead Security Officer, Detention Officer, Corporate Security Officer, Security Specialist, Security Officer / Supervisor, Protective Security Officer, Professional Security officer, Licensed Security Officer, Security, Security Manager, Facility Security Officer, Event Security Officer, Site security, Part time security officer, Part time security guard, Certified security Guard, Security Agent, Licensed Security guard, Front desk security officer, front desk security guard, Private security officer, corporate security officer, Patrol Officer, Customer Service, Unarmed Security Guard, Public Safety, Public Safety Officer, Safety Officer, Correctional Officer, Driver Guard, Gate Guard, Facilities Guard, Facilities Safety, Concierge, Asset Protection Specialist, Doorman/Customer Service, Greeter, Door Greeter, Mobile Patrol Officer, Flex Officer, Site Supervisor, Site Security, Event Security, Security Agent, Safety Agent, Facilities Patrol, Building Security, Security Coordinator, Facilities CSO, Security and Safety Officer or Guard, machine setter, machine operator, machine tender, Equipment Setter, Equipment Operator, Equipment Tender, Metals, Plastics, Paver, Construction, Builder, Roofing, Fishing, Farmworker, Farming, Tree Trimmer, Agriculture, Refuse and Recyclable Material Collector, waste management, Recycling and Reclamation Worker, molding and casting worker, machine operator, packaging and filling machine operator, extruding, forming, pressing, and compacting machine setter, operator, tender, grinding and polishing worker, woodworking machine setter, operator, textile machine operator, welder, cutter, welder fitters, grinding, lapping, polishing, buffering machine tool setter, operator, metal, plastic, cutting punching, installation, maintenance repair, tire repair, rock splitter, pipe layer, building materials, tile, marble, setter, meter reader, machine feeder and off bearer, automotive and watercraft service, motorboat operators, bus driver, transit, cooling and freezing equipment operator, mechanical, repair, mechanic, automotive repair, automotive glass installer, automotive body repair, construction helper, construction laborer, landscaping and grounds keeping worker, bus driver, ambulance driver, furniture finisher, manufacturing equipment operator
Securitas USA is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.