Company is a global biopharmaceutical company, focusing on discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of novel biologics for the treatment of cancers, autoimmune and ophthalmic diseases with significant unmet medical needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Business partner to join our dynamic team at the South San Francisco site. This is a great opportunity to participate and make a positive difference in a growing and fast-paced drug discovery and development company. In this role, you will work closely with the teams to drive and deliver Human Resources initiatives. The ideal candidate will enjoy building strong working relationships with the teams in both South San Francisco and Maryland to support strategic talent management efforts, identify employee relation needs and solutions, champion and manage employee engagement initiatives to enable a high- performance culture as well as drive business performance management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of HR policies and practices.
- Ensure that HR policies and practices are applied consistently and provide direction and guidance to all employee levels.
- Work with the teams to identify current and future staffing requirements. Partner and work to develop recruiting strategies to fulfill staffing needs.
- Identify potential employee issues/problems and provide guidance and support to resolve. Work with internal and external legal counsel as needed.
- Partner with the senior team on annual compensation, rewards, and recognition programs.
- Partner and coach functional heads to identify top talent within their organization and help to create employee development opportunities for rising talent.
- Provide coaching to managers with an emphasis on leadership behaviors and provide training plans for leadership development.
- BS degree in a related discipline; advanced degree highly desired.
- Minimum of 8 years ' experience in Human Resources, pharma/biopharma experience preferred.
- Must have experience working with senior management, scientific leaders, and/or technical staff, preferably in the biotech/pharma industry.
- Ability to partner with client group(s) to establish and implement talent and organization development strategies. Guide hiring managers and management team members to make hiring decisions that align with the business strategy.
- Ensures that HR policies and practices are applied consistently and fairly across the organization.
- Must have the ability to resolve employee relations issues as they arise and have the capacity to make sound decisions based on facts.
- Experience as an effective manager, with the desire to mentor junior staff members.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a diverse range of ideas and opinions. This includes effective listening skills.
- Able to demonstrate concise, articulate and confident communication skills (verbal and written).
- Inspires trust with client groups and key stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of HR legal and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative and proactively proposing sound solutions to challenges.
- Strong MS Office Suite skills (especially Excel and PP).