Company is looking for a Head of Finance to be a trusted partner to our CEO and Executive Team and who will help us define future growth strategies, form key business relationships, drive measurable value, establish key financial/accounting processes and provide financial reporting that will drive risk 'informed, data 'driven decisions.
- Control and evaluate Company’s financial strategy and capital structure in order to proactively identify business opportunities and to provide key financial insights; recommend thoughtful actions and risk mitigation to our Executive Team and the Board in support of our business objectives.
- Balance the growth needs of the business with the challenges of raising additional capital/managing debt and in partnership with the CEO guide Company through fundraising and other significant transactions.
- Build and maintain key relationships with banking, investment, mortgage and other strategic and advisory partners
- Develop, scale and manage the finance and accounting infrastructure required within established budgets and timescales; this includes forecasting, planning, budgeting, analysis, cash, A/R, A/P, GL, rev cec, deferred revenue, month-end closing, reconciliation, audit management, tax filings, and insurance management, etc.
- Be an inspirational leader who will grow and manage Company’s finance team; hire and manage a team of exceptional performers
- Partner with organizational leaders on financial planning, forecasting and budgeting, reporting and identification of relevant key performance indicators.
- Ensure goals are set and forecasts achieved, build capacity to support growth and effectively manage our cash conversion cycle.
- Perform ad-hoc scenario analysis as needed; includes in-depth financial analysis that analyzes margins, pricing, variances, and performance
What you bring:
- 12+ years of relevant experience (with 5+ in an executive level role) working in fintech or other highly regulated industry with a BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant experience (MSc/MBA/CPA is a plus)
- Deep expertise of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience building and executing a SaaS-focused finance with a deep understanding of relevant metrics (e.g. ARR, LTV, CAC, Recurring vs. Non-Recurring revenue, etc.)
- A proven track record in establishing operational processes, P&L oversight, creating a culture of data-driven decision making and driving growth in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience with financial accounting, complex financial modeling, budget development and reporting to investors and regulatory bodies
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and independently address new analytical requests: understand the core question being asked, gather needed data, build models, validate assumptions, perform analyses, and present results
- Demonstrated skill in building, motivating, and retaining high-performance teams.
- Experience working with external auditors, compliance, and regulatory oversight
- The ability to navigate competing priorities to drive initiatives to completion in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication and relationship builder who has established trusted partnerships with internal and external business stakeholders.
- Ability to convey complex ideas and information clearly, accurately, and succinctly
- Proactive in nature with the initiative to find information, solve problems and get stuff done
- Passionate, driven and motivational leader with a proven track record of building and developing high performing teams.