The Head of Finance reports to the COO and is a key member of the leadership team. Responsible for Finance and Investor Relations, this role requires a strong understanding of Company’s strategy, mission, business model, and business priorities. The Head of Finance will partner closely with the Executive Team to lead, grow, empower, and inspire a cross-functional team to deliver our financial goals. The ideal candidate is an influential finance leader with investor relations experience capable of partnering and advising C-level leadership.
*The role will ultimately report to the CFO.
- Financial Strategy: In partnership with the Executive Team, provide financial leadership, driving financial strategy and performance. Provide thought leadership to growth opportunities and scaling the business.
- Investor Relations: Serve as the first point of contact for investors. Partner closely with Company stakeholders across the organization to craft accurate, external messaging which amplifies our narrative to our investment community. Respond to investor inquiries and track interactions and ongoing messaging. Work closely with Company’s CEO, COO and Communication Team to foster strong external relationships with investors and the broader investment ecosystem.
- Financial Modeling, Planning, Analysis, and Reporting: (1) Financial Modeling: Own the financial model (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow). Complete scenario and variance analysis to ensure we minimize risk and uncertainty. (2) Planning: Lead financial planning, forecasting, and budgeting, developing appropriate financial targets through collaborating at all levels of the organization. (3) Analysis: Lead in-depth analysis of financial results to deliver insights with a high degree of clarity and accuracy about Company’s financial performance. Drive decision making through using data to identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics. Provide insights into drivers of revenue and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities. Lead ad hoc financial modeling and analysis. (4) Reporting: In partnership with the Controller, prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting - analyzing operating and financial results, distilling key trends, assessing current and future business risk. Develop dashboards to track key performance metrics and monitor business performance.
- Trusted Advisor: Serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO and COO, communicating risks and issues as they arise, along with recommendations for action. Provide robust management reporting to the Executive Team.
- Communication: Foster and manage strong collaborative relationships across the organization. Lead the storyboarding, analytical output and production of financial materials used for communication to Company leadership and Board of Directors. Prepare and present high quality verbal and written information to the Executive Team, the Company, the Board, Investors, and external parties as appropriate.
- Leadership: Serve as a thought leader and role model embodying our values and always acting with the highest integrity, confidentiality and discretion. Attract, hire, manage and retain exceptional performers. Consistently challenge the status quo and raise the bar.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience: 10+ years of experience in Finance with 5+ years in a leadership role in a high growth business.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Leadership: Proven ability influence and lead, both directly and indirectly, to instill a mindset of operational excellence that emphasizes execution.
- Expertise: Demonstrated subject matter expertise in financial analysis including budgeting, forecasting and cash flow modeling. Experience with investors and investor relations. Analytical thinker with honed problem solving and decision-making skills, including the ability to streamline and simplify complexity.
- Communication: Outstanding written and verbal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and present complex ideas and information clearly, accurately, and succinctly. Executive-level communication and presentation skills in both formal and informal settings.
- Organization: Exceptional organization skills with the ability to navigate competing priorities to drive initiatives to completion in a fast paced environment. Demonstrated ability to drive cross functional collaboration.
- EQ: Emotionally intelligent with the ability to build strong professional partnerships including successfully managing C-level relationships.
- Resolve: Proactive, independent and self motivated, with initiative to research information, solve problems, and get things done.
- Integrity: Possess unquestionable integrity and sound judgement managing confidential information.
- The Sum of the Parts: Possess a genuine commitment to building a representative company and a belief that diverse teams bring better business outcomes.