We are looking for a Head of Marketing that will help us build and scale a fully-integrated, world-class marketing organization capable of positioning Company as THE go-to platform for customer communication, growing demand and brand awareness, and driving revenue. This role will report directly to Laurabeth Harvey, Chief Revenue and Success Officer.
What will you be doing
- Oversee and execute strategy on company marketing initiatives that contribute to Company’s high growth goals, including demand generation across all channels, product and solutions marketing, customer acquisition, marketing operations, content, events, social media, AR/PR, and branding.
- Own the conversation and credibly tell Company’s story. Understand the market trends and competitive landscape and develop competitive positioning while establishing rapport with media and industry analysts.
- Create a modern, high-velocity lead generation engine at Company. Work side by side with sales to drive the “revenue funnel” and implement ways to improve the level of engagement and adoption at every stage.
- Align closely with product and revenue teams to understand client’s needs, create go-to-market strategies, and create communication and collateral that reflects the company brand and ROI for clients.
- Drive best in class product marketing including product launch management, white papers, presentations, and other customer-facing materials to build awareness, drive demand and arm sales with tools and training.
- Define the marketing strategy needed to grow the community and increase engagement including social media, online, and email marketing.
- Build, motivate, and develop the team; create and implement a long-term plan for marketing team structure and growth. Leverage existing network to continue to build a world-class marketing team.
- Lead the team in annual and quarterly planning, keeping track of budget, and reporting on marketing initiatives’ performance, with a focus on ROI & revenue growth.
- Exercise a data-centric approach to gather customer/user insights and use data to improve future marketing campaigns and results. Establish a clear framework for evaluation.
What skills & experience do you need
- 10+ years of B2B marketing experience in fast-paced technology companies, with a wide knowledge of the full marketing stack.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a leadership role, building and managing a marketing organization with superior ability to recruit, retain, and motivate the existing team and future talent.
- Prior experience executing a short and long-term go-to-market strategy at a high-growth company, ideally that has scaled to $100M in revenue and beyond.
- Growth mindset with results-driven approach to work (testing, measuring, iterating).
- Experience in a predominantly sales-led go-to-market environment is a plus, given the majority of their growth will be through sales revenue, not self serve in the future.
- Experience working in horizontal businesses is a big plus.
- Superior communication skills - ability to prioritize and efficiently and transparently communicate marketing goals and results at a team, executive, and company level.
- A demonstrated history of being a team player with a desire to jump in and be “hands on” as needed.
- Experience partnering closely with sales leadership and an understanding of the connection between demand generation and revenue growth.
- Understanding of marketing automation and related software, as well as knowledge of market trends in digital marketing technology.