About The Role
- As our Head of Marketing, you will develop and drive the strategy and execution of the marketing intiatives that contribute to Company's growth goals. We expect you to take several marketing functions from zero to one including product marketing, lead generation, digital and content marketing, and our events and PR strategy. This role will touch several parts of our business and will be heavily influential in our overall product and GTM strategy.
Why We Need You
- As our product suite is expanding, it's becoming increasingly important to tell a clear story about what we do, how we do it, who we do it for, and why we do it. With the right focus, we have a clear opportunity to establish ourselves as a fundamentally different, not just better solution.
- We feel confident that we have achieved product-market-fit for our first product. We are beginning to scale our growth engine and see several opportunities to increase credibility at each stage of the sales funnel, allowing us to accelerate how we acquire new customers.
- We are fortunate to be seeing a strong market pull for a new product that we have launched in beta. We are excited to scale customer acquisition of this new product, but recognize that scaling this product requires a new set of skills, especially around growth and performance marketing.
- We need your help creating a path forward in the face of an increasing series of strategic decisions ranging from the markets we pursue, the partners we engage, and the story that we will tell as we increase the scope of services that we provide.
What You Will Achieve
- You will partner across the organization to refine our brand, messaging, and positioning.
- You will equip our sales team with the context, collateral, and tools required to accelerate trust with each of our prospects.
- You will implement and scale our lead generation engine across each of our products.
- You will develop a deep understanding of our personas, the competitive landscape, and ROI.
- You will lead team planning, define KPIs, and implement the reporting that allows us to identify opportunities to accelerate.
- You will hire and develop a world-class marketing organization.
Experience that would help you succeed: (Note, we don't expect you to spike in all aspects, but to grow there in time)
- 5-10 years of B2B marketing experience: You have been able to contribute, define, and lead marketing initiatives throughout your career that provide you with enough context to pattern match, but also have an appreciation for approaching new challenges from first principles.
- Scaling through early product-market-fit: You have been part of a team that has scaled a company through early product-market-ket. You have seen the transition from innovator and early adopter GTM to early majority and have a perspective on how to best capitalize on traction across the adoption curve.
- First or foundational marketing hire: You have held a role on an early team where you played a material role in establishing the tools, systems, processes required to scale a marketing function. While you may not have been leading each of the meetings, you have been in the room debating and defining overall marketing and GTM strategy.
- Hiring, managing, org planning: You have previous experience hiring and developing a high-output, high-quality marketing team. You have a large task ahead and will be able to quickly form a perspective on the organizational design and resources required in order to achieve our growth objectives.
Traits that would make you a great fit:
- Excellent storyteller and writer: You have an uncanny ability to craft narratives and communicate stories in a clear and engaging way. You are a strong writer and can distill complex narratives down into a brief and engaging written format.
- Product-minded, analytical: You have a clear perspective on how to leverage data to ensure we are driving toward the best results. You prioritize fast, regular experience and measure results that drive decisions. You focus on outcomes over output.
- Team-oriented: You see that the only way to achieve ambitious goals is to partner as a team. You lead from the front, but also make sure to leverage the skills, knowledge, and perspectives from everyone to identify the best path forward.
- Driven: You have some experience in the past that lends itself to diving in on tactical problems, while also being able to scale with the company as the needs change. Some examples, may be success in consulting, business/law school, founding a company, and/or a highly impactful role during the growth phase at a high-growth startup.
- Bachelor's Degree