Company is seeking a Head of New Product Development and Product Marketing to manage the Rose Inc product line, to define and optimize the product mix in order to maximize sales. This position explores and pursues innovation in new products and drives Brand-aligned development based on market analysis, competition and trends.
- Deliver go-to-market innovation including development of a comprehensive plan with new product concepts and forecasting (done with Sales team) that justifies the project and investment.
- Develop and publish a 24-month rolling product development calendar and manage the execution of plans for new product introductions.
- Continually enhance the front-end process and conduct effective research to uncover insights to drive development of new concepts, packaging, rapid prototyping and innovative product attributes
For new products:
- Propose new products and concepts
- Develop and articulate unique and differentiated product positioning product features based on customer feedback, industry trends and research.
- Create product pitch for the sales teams and senior management.
- Prepare product marketing briefs that include the product features, definition, price, promotion, formulas and packaging.
- Initiate and manage promotional kit strategy and development, including
- Develop marketing collateral and copy for the product itself, the website, and press kit
- Lead consumer testing
- Train education and sales teams
- Champion the product line, both internally and externally, including attendance at trade shows and conferences.
- Create and monitor Creative Briefs for all new products and redesign
- Responsible for both current product optimization as well as new product development
- Initiate all steps involved with new product launches including conceptualizing ideas, picking prototypes, evaluating submissions, giving direction to Product Development, Packaging and Creative, develop and monitor Creative Briefs, design and track projects on a day to day basis.
- MBA in Business or Marketing required.
- 7+ years minimum of product management experience in cosmetics, including skincare
- 3+ years minimum experience and demonstrated abilities in developing new skincare products
- Experience in creating and applying new product processes (opportunity, concept, timeline, development, commercialization, launch) and product improvement
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Ability to motivate and influence cross-functional teams and stakeholders across the organization to execute projects/programs.
- Ability to combine consumer insight understanding, an aptitude for strategic thinking and creative problem solving in a fluid environment.
- Strong ability to analyze multiple and often disconnected data sources (consumer trends and insights) and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Expert level interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player with solid sense of ownership and accountability.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and the ability to act with a sense of urgency, intensity and integrity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and syndicated data.
- Strong knowledge of the skincare market, globally, and with a focus on the US.
- Adaptability is required as we are a small organization; job scope evolves as business needs evolve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work quickly, take initiative, track the status of items, and be resourceful while working independently
- Ability to travel 20% of the time.