We are looking for a Head of Payments Platform who is excited to lead the strategy and execution of our payments and platform products at Company. The ideal candidate approaches their craft with the humility of a true artist and the passion of a great maker.
The candidate will bring a depth of functional (product management) and subject matter (SMB, payments) knowledge as well as a proven track record of shipping fantastic payments products.
Upon coming on board, you’ll be joining and fostering a culture of making, testing, and learning. You will be part of a group of highly collaborative, iterative and curious makers that are excited by creating new and innovative solutions to our user’s problems.
What you’re going to do:
- Take our payments infrastructure to its first major milestone ($1bn+ in GPV)
- Translate company goals into a clear team strategy for several major bets: our payments hardware, our payments point of sale integrations, our loyalty and payments APIs and our payments backend
- Lead the product roadmapping, prioritization, development and execution of that strategy; own the related company-level OKRs
- Be a player and a coach: you'll have projects or products that you may own and directly drive, while also mentoring and managing other product teams
- Work cross functionally with engineering, design, analytics, marketing and other product teams to create great customer experiences
- Use qualitative and customer research and data analysis to communicate product opportunities & business cases to senior management and various stakeholders
- Occasionally eat a piece of pizza or two or six
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Veteran product maker: 6+ years of building and shipping products that customers love
- Knows payment tech: Experience building and scaling payment systems
- Experience empowering others: Management experience
- Humble and collaborative: Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- User centered: The ability to understand the behaviors and needs of our users, and a desire to prioritize addressing those needs
- Agile leader: Knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools
- Mission aligned: Passion about solving problems that help the small business community thrive