Are you a self-starter with a love of innovative products and a passion for customer-centricity Do you enjoy making sophisticated technical deep dives with use-case driven storytelling Do you thrive in cross functional environments and authoritatively navigate a diverse audience Company is looking for a Head of Solutions Engineering!
We are on a mission to radically simplify advertising across the open internet. We partner with over 100 million online destinations to help them better understand their audiences while respecting data privacy regulations and consumer rights. We are one of the largest processors of data in the world and a recognized leader in consent management.
In this role, you will lead a team of in-market product specialists, assisting revenue generation efforts by helping our sales team navigate technical and operational client questions and vetting technical requirements to confirm prospective client fit. You must be comfortable challenging others, including prospective clients, to think differently about programmatic buying platforms, as well as being able to confidently present and interact with senior level agency and brand executives.
- • Be responsible for the pre-sales technological relationship with the client or prospect, and form a team that can own solution design conversations.
- • Solicit business requirements, understand customer use-cases and use this knowledge to craft your team’s approach and guide your organization to effectively demonstrate our products and solutions.
- • Build the mechanisms needed to operate a diverse and distributed team of solution engineers to ensure consistency globally and efficiency regionally.
- • Lead with example by presenting product offerings and architecture with expertise, diving expertly into technical discussions when necessary to resolve questions/objections and evoke confidence in Company technology and products.
- • Work closely with regional sales leaders to understand regional needs, set goals, define success metrics and track effectiveness of your team.
- • Mentor your team to be effective cross-functionally—managing customer expectations, coordinating conversations with engineering about custom work, facilitating post sale hand-off to account management with accurate documentation, surfacing product areas in need of stronger positioning to product marketing and providing product management with the customer pain-point narrative to contextualize feature requests.
- • Work closely with your team to set quarterly OKRs and establish relevant mechanisms to measure progress.
- • Guide your team in skill development and career growth.
- • BA/BS required
- • 12+ years of relevant client facing and/or sales experience in digital advertising or a related field as a Product Specialist, Sales Engineer, Technical Consultant, Technical Account Manager, Product Manager, SaaS seller or Account Manager
- • 6+ years leadership experience building, leading and developing a hardworking technical sales engineering team and taking full ownership for the team’s outcomes.
- • Ability to give strategic and tactical guidance and mentor a team of solution engineers with varied experience levels.
- • Strong knowledge of the underpinnings of how Internet-driven ad and marketing technology functions including deep understanding of performance marketing, site tagging, DMPs, DSPs and ad servers.
- • Solid understanding of our customers - the motivations and tactics used by marketers and active curiosity about the industry and programmatic competitive set.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to present to a diverse audience by adapting tone and content as necessary.
- • Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionally.
- • Ability to make decisions in face of ambiguity and iterate fast to adapt approach as needed.
- • Empathy for and strong understanding of the Sales process