You will join the team that is shaping the future of Music by bringing the best of Company - live video, interaction, community and monetization to artists of all sizes. You will report to VP of Music. You will help us execute the vision, strategy and goals that we employ to grow Music on Company and the wider Music Industry.
As a key member of the Company music leadership team, you will explore ways to shape music creator growth and monetization. You will also establish and incubate new businesses, evaluate partnerships opportunities, and look for ways to guide more value for music creators both on and off Company.
- Define and execute a global business music strategy plan to grow the category and help artists earning a living on Company. Ensure plans are inline with the Company Music strategic direction, in partnership with company partners (e.g. product, content, partnerships, legal, finance, and marketing)
- Prepare business reviews for the senior management team including driving, tracking, forecasting and reporting weekly and monthly performance metrics and goals, helping set goals during the planning process.
- Identify new adjacent businesses and categories that the music team can explore
- Develop long-term strategic plans for international expansion, not only in-channel, but also with requirements across the organization (payment methods, tax, legal barriers), and in partnership with international business leaders working on expanding broadcasters and viewers internationally
- 7+ years of corporate strategy, strategic planning, consulting, banking or strategic finance experience
- Use strong data analysis skills, including the ability to work with technical analysts to make sure the right data is being collected to answer the right questions
- Data visualization and presentation experience
- Experience working within the music industry is desired
- MBA desired; working knowledge of music licensing complexities