Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way governments listen to, understand, and interact with their residents. Our community insights & analytics platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms to help government organizations be more data-driven. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 200 cities - from Los Angeles, to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role?
Zencity’s surveys help state and local governments to understand and respond to the needs of their residents. Our research enables clients to effectively tackle many of their most critical challenges in areas such as COVID-19 response, infrastructure spending, economic development, and police transparency. With the insights from these surveys, leaders can make more informed decisions and deliver better results for their communities.
As the Head of Survey Research, you will serve as Zencity’s in-house expert on survey research and methodology. You will set the professional standards of the company’s surveying products and services, and create internal resources on the subject. This role is client and prospect-facing. As part of the role, you will engage with high-level stakeholders among our clients and prospects, and respond to client inquiries about survey research and methodology.
The Senior Researcher reports to the Director of Professional Services and is a part of the Customer Services Department.
- Serve as the company’s in-house expert on survey methodology and stay up to date on the latest developments within the field.
- Establish and maintain documented best practices for survey methodology, data collection, and data analysis
- Collaborate with other teams (including Product and Data Science) to develop tools that streamline survey workflows and promote consistent and high-quality deliverables
- Provide professional guidance and mentorship to survey research analysts
- Engage with customers and present to Executive leadership
- A Doctoral degree in a related field (such as political science or public policy)
- At least 4 years of experience in survey design and execution, including data collection
- Proficiency in statistical analysis methods
- Ability to analyze data using software such as Python or R
- Familiarity with current events (mainly social and political) in the United States
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Public policy, electoral, or government survey research experience
- US East coast residence. Willingness to work fully remote in EST hours
- Experience presenting to C-suite and executive leadership at large organizations and/or governments.
- Experience developing new products, services, and/or software
- Experience with online marketing and audience targeting tools and methods
Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidate