Job Number: 2140746
Location: San Rafael
70 year old Marin County family business has a terrific opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Director to lead the team, build the department, and help shape the future of their company.
The HR Director is a key member of the senior leadership team and will play an active role in the formulation of HR strategies, policies and processes. They will a oversee a department of 3, and will focus on a host of areas from employee relations, day to day compliance, organizational development and much more:
- Oversee and manage Human Resources. Implement and drive all HR Programs
- Develop, recommend and implement all Human Resources policies and procedures for all employees.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems including the Employee Handbook
- Provide support to management by giving recommendations and plans of action in order for them to effectively handle performance management issues
- Manage 2 HR support staff
- Make certain that proper and timely performance evaluations are prepared and delivered and that employees are held accountable for their performance
- Review all existing employment policies and procedures to ensure they are up to date and they are appropriately enforced
- Review all wages and benefits so that they are competitive in the marketplace and consistent within the organization
- Consult with managers and supervisors to address any concerns about their employees with respect to performance and behavioral concerns; assist with preparing warning letters and Performance Improvement Plans as needed and make certain that termination decisions are properly made and delivered.
- Implement appropriate management training especially with respect to compliance with AB1825 training on discriminatory harassment and bullying
- Conduct a wage and hour audit in order to ensure compliance with complex federal, state and local laws
- Conduct investigations or any employee or customer complaints
- Assist with labor negotiations, compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreements, adjust grievances, and assist with any arbitrations that are filed
- Assist with all aspects of employee recruitment so that outreach efforts are handled properly and job applications and offer letters are appropriate and legally compliant
- Responsible for career pathway and advancement of the workforce
- Work with outside employment law counsel to ensure that all discipline and termination decisions are fair and in compliance with the law
- Address all employee relations issues and help ensure that a healthy and safe workplace
- Minimum 10+ years running an HR Department
- Family business experience
- College Degree, SPHR, SHRM license preferred
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment related laws and compliance requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; an approachable communication style
- Flexible, resourceful with a "can do" attitude
- Self starter; effective planning and project management skills
This is a full time, Mon-Fri salaried position offering fantastic benefits! Please send resume and cover letter.
Location: San Rafael
For more than 45 years, we've been passionate about helping people find jobs they love - rewarding jobs that further career goals. At Nelson, we partner with companies that have outstanding reputations. Working with innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies, our skilled recruiters have access to opportunities beyond what you can find on your own. With Nelson, you'll get the most out of your career. Together, we'll set career goals and find you a position where your skills shine. For a full listing of jobs, go to: www.nelsonjobs.com www.nelsonjobs.com/ and click "Find Work."