Director, Human Resources – West Area
Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
The impact you’ll make:
Reporting into Senior Vice President- Americas you will be responsible for driving the people strategy and culture for the West Area. You will lead and manage a team of professional HR Generalists in all aspects of human resources to ensure our practices are consistent and progressive, to include; recruiting, on boarding, retention, engagement, employee relations/investigations, training and development, benefits, compensation & payroll, policy development, and regulatory compliance such as employment laws, affirmative action and safety.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a strategic partner to business leaders, establishing HR business objectives that align with the regional goals and objectives.
- Guide, oversee, and resolve complex employee relations issues. Work closely with leadership and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide performance management guidance (coaching, counseling, career development, succession planning, and corrective action) to Regional leadership.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of employment law requirements to reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance. Provide guidance and interpretation of HR policy.
- Identify development needs and individual manager coaching needs.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a Human Resources leadership.
- Knowledge/experience with CA employment law is required.
Skills and abilities you should have:
- Extensive experience managing and resolving employment-related legal matters.
- Leading and managing a team of HR professionals
- Excellent strategic goals setting and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of labor relations practices and legal requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of HR related federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and HRIS systems necessary to be effective
Perks you’ll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.