ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Partner with local leadership to develop site strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contribute information, analysis, and recommendations to align strategic thinking and direction; establish human resources objectives in line with overall organizational objectives.
* Supervise human resource staff directly: plan, assign and review assignments; counsel staff; evaluate job performance and approve or recommend actions.
* Manage core HR functions at the facility to include; employee recruitment, succession planning, retention, orientation, training & development, compensation, records management, employee and labor relations, benefit & employee services, either through primary function or through performance of subordinates.
* Align and implement all corporate policies, programs and procedures
* Implement and manage on-going policies, programs, and procedures to foster understanding of an improvement in management, supervisory or employee relations. Develops and conducts a variety of training initiatives to upgrade the overall effectiveness of the local operations.
* Counsel managers and/or supervisors concerning human resource policies and procedures; review and resolve issues.
* Ensure administrative, management and production employee retention at the facility is maintained at an acceptable level.
* Use knowledge, experience, and continuous interpretation of facility dynamics to help understand and determine the training and educational needs of the production, distribution, administrative and management employees
* Perform analysis and prepare statistical reports, narrative reports and communications for use in formulating goals and objectives.
* Manage employee benefit enrollments, questions, or inquiries.
* Partner with the Director of HR on legal issues for the site
* Ensures consistent timekeeping, attendance, and payroll compliance.
* Completes Personnel Change Notice forms including processing data entry into Paychex system * Oversees and participates in all recruitment-related activities including, but not limited to; posting/advertising / communicating open positions, screening candidates, conducting interviews, updating job descriptions, etc. * Manages Employee relations and conducts employee investigations as needed
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.