HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
San Leandro, CA
ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects.
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources this position is responsible for addressing regional people issues and needs in partnership with company business leaders thereby enabling the region to achieve its goals and objectives. The HR Manager concurrently leads or contributes to company-wide HR initiatives policies and plans which could encompass topics such as process redesign strategic initiatives on-boarding compensation/benefits employee relations recognition events talent/performance management learning and development and regulatory compliance within his/her region and company-wide. To be successful in this role the incumbent must possess professionalism integrity discretion urgency be responsive to client needs and be willing to be hands-on.
- Build and maintain a cohesive regional HR team; foster career development of direct and indirect reports and ensure an exceptional employee experience.
- Serve as business advisor/coach thought-partner and guide to employees and managers of the designated region.
- Recommend design plan coordinate and implement human resources strategies programs processes and procedures on behalf of the Region and Company-wide.
- Ensure complete and accurate Region people data management including people demographic and assignment data job descriptions requisitions offer letters personnel changes compensation changes exits and other people processes and records.
- Establish and oversee or contribute to continuous improvement of Region and Company-wide people processes including pre-boarding orientation on-boarding compensation management performance management organization restructuring learning and development programs.
- Ensure talent acquisition efforts meet the Region’s staffing diversity and business objectives; assess client group needs oversee requisition preparation sourcing efforts interview and selection practices including selected direct involvement in interviews and selection decisions; oversees timeliness of processes and the candidate experience.
- Provide advice guidance and counseling to managers and employees regarding employee relations issues.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data to assess trends identify issues and opportunities for improvement within the Region and Company-wide; may encompass employee relations employee engagement communications or other dimensions of the employee experience and regional people strategy.
- Lead key activities including compensation review career development EEO/AAP planning management change and recognition/anniversary programs.
- Work with Leave of Absence Administrator on leaves of absence administration and the interactive process for accommodations for employees.
- Build and support a work environment consistent with company values and culture.
Establish HR goals for the Region and contributes to same Company-wide; contributes to the achievement of Corporate HR goals; contributes to team success by backing-up regional peers when needed.
- 8+ years proven and progressive Human Resources experience
- Experience executing compensation plans
- Strong employee relations experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Previous experience within construction or manufacturing industry a plus