Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
The Digital Technology and Innovation group supports the Corporate Strategy, Digital Platform & Innovation Business. Together they work closely to continue evolving Wells Fargo's digital platforms and enhance integration of the innovation pipeline into our customer-facing capabilities.
Digital Channels Technologies is currently seeking qualified applicants for an Infrastructure Sr Engineer position. In this role, candidate will provide third--level production support of Wells Fargo web sites and e-commerce applications. This includes both Linux and Windows operating systems with Tomcat application servers as well as Apache, Nginx, and IIS web servers. Experience with AppDynamics and Splunk tools and exposure to F5s and batch processing is desired, as well as the ability to perform shell scripting and Python scripting. A senior web systems engineer is responsible for deploying code, implementing new infrastructure and new technologies, developing alerting and alarming solutions, and 24x7 production environment monitoring and support to ensure optimum performance, availability, and security of the front-end and middleware environment. Advanced system administration tools will be utilized.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Advanced application support for the resolution of highly complex technical problems
- Directing large-scale projects and application implementations from proof of concept through testing and installation.
- Statistics gathering and analysis to assist architecture engineering and development teams in determining capacity planning requirements to support projected transaction volumes, response times, and system availability targets
- Collaborating with enterprise partners on issues and initiatives that impact the infrastructure
- Provide training and direction to less experienced web support engineers and staff
Selected candidate will be required to work within one of the following Wells Fargo locations: 45 Fremont Street, San Francisco, CA; 2600 Price Rd, Chandler, AZ; 1525 W. W.T Harris Blvd. Charlotte, NC. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- 7+ years of systems analysis experience
- 7+ years of systems programming experience
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Agile, Kanban, or Lean methodology
- 7+ years of application production support experience
- 5+ years of build-deploy automation and configuration experience within the Linux and Unix environment
- 5+ years of scripting and automation experience
- 5+ years of Tomcat development or implementation experience
- 3+ years of Tomcat administration experience
- 5+ years of Apache experience
- 3+ years of web applications experience
- 7+ years of technical troubleshooting experience
- 5+ years of experience leading multiple implementations
- 3+ years of technical documentation and publication experience
- 3+ years of experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, UDeploy (Urbancode Deploy) or a combination of both
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Experience in managing IT infrastructure for a medium-to-large organization
- Experience with IT operational stability
- Superior customer service orientation and relationship management skills with organizational partners and customers
- Expert knowledge in infrastructure engineering services and technologies
- Strong knowledge of voice and network technologies and architecture
- Practical knowledge of ITIL application processes and implementation
- Experience with key controls pertaining to IT infrastructure management
- 4+ years of Web Services experience
- 4+ years of Perl or Shell experience
- SDL tridion content management system experience
- Ability to communicate confidentially and professionally
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Advanced scripting skills specifically around automation, log rotation, data collection, error collection and alerting
- Knowledge and understanding of AppDynamics
- 3+ years of Splunk experience
- 2+ years of F5 LTM experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge/exposure to Windows Servers
- Knowledge/exposure to Mindbreeze Search appliance and technology
- Knowledge/exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) or other Cloud technology
- Knowledge/exposure to Redis (cache and message broker)
- Knowledge/exposure to Ansible Playbook
- Knowledge/exposure with Mongo Database
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment
CA-SF-South Of Market Area: 45 Fremont Street - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.