Job Title: Instructional UX Designer
Job type: Contract (12 months contract)
Years of Experience: 6+ Years
Start Date: November 16, 2020
End Date: November 15, 2021
Location: San Francisco, CA 94105
Pay rate: $66.42/hour - $76.37/hour
- Charles Schwab User Experience and Design is responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms.
- We are a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, prototypers and researchers.
- We work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users.
- Our business is driven by looking through our clients eyes, which makes it a great place to practice user-centered design.
- Our purpose is designing tools and experiences that enable users to achieve their financial goals.
- Facilitate collaborative design sessions including sketching and ideation.
- Lead design reviews and drive decisions.
- Effectively sell design solutions to partners through design storytelling and by demonstrating trace-ability in the design thinking.
- Represent the design team brand, and deliver a consistent design process to partners.
- Understand great designs are achieved iteratively.
- Visualize ideas in a clear form (sketch, diagram, wireframe or prototype) and provide appropriate level documentation.
- Set expectations with the project team and prioritize activities.
- Create and maintain design schedules.
- Communicate status and agreements with project team.
- Review work with UX managers, keep them updated on project status and escalate items appropriately.
Design Expertise and Execution
- Maintain the high standards set by the group.
- Conduct the primary design activities, create deliverables and conduct QA at an expert level.
- Participate and support research efforts.
- Commit to improving our process and methods with an emphasis on both effectiveness and efficiency.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Engagement
- Work well with all partners to deliver work.
- Support UX team members.
Strategically listen to feedback and help guide the delivery
- Collaborative and cooperative.
- Has a design position but is not rigidly fixed when presented with new information.
- Passionate about team, our mission and the needs of our partners and users.
- Enthusiastic about UX design. Empathy & Curiosity
- Understand user needs, walking in their shoes when possible.
- Focus on innovation and improvement.
- Regularly learns more about design theory, practice and tools.
Why your work matters:
- You will support an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives
- By researching and understanding the user needs you will be able to impact how our users do business with Schwab.
- You will learn how balance functionality against complexity on a highly visible platform which serves millions of advisors and retail customers.
- You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment.
- 6 + years of rich interaction design focused on digital products.
- 1+ year of interaction design, user flow experience for touch-based mobile interfaces is a plus
- An online portfolio demonstrating interaction design process and thinking
- Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology.
- Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners
- Capable of creating and managing your design project schedules
- Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure, Invision
- Experience running design sessions with cross-functional teams
- Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.
- Comfort in a project-oriented work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic.
ManpowerGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)